Cheering Her Up - Chapter 11

Remus' P.O.V

It had been a few weeks since Y/N's mother had died. She had been pretty secluded in her dorm the whole time other than classes and meals. You could say she lost her 'Marauder flair'. 

"Guys..." Sirius sighed. "We need to do something to cheer up Y/N." saying this Sirius sounded genuinely worried and not at all joking. A huge change in demeanor for him.

"Yeah. She's not like herself at all." Peter said absent-mindedly.

"Well of course she isn't! She lost her mum for Godric's sake!" James said imagining life without his mother.

"What should we do then?" I asked still worried.

"How about we..."

-----

The next day at breakfast, Y/N came into the Great Hall. She ate her breakfast, didn't talk to anyone, read a book and went off to her classes.

Lily, Marlene, Mary and Dorcas were very worried about their friend too. They knew about everything and understood her loss, but Y/N just wasn't Y/N anymore.

She lost her quirky sense of humor, she only talked to people when they directly spoke to her and she came back with more scars than ever in the last full moon.

I explained that when a werewolf is depressed or not following usual habits, they get more violent and secluded.

As for Y/N, she thought everything was related to her mom. She even rushed out of the Great Hall one day because her favorite food that her mom cooked was there. I felt really bad for her.

We shared their plan with the girls and they all agreed to help the boys cheer up their best-friend.

*Time Skip brought to you by Gred and Forge*

After classes Y/N was heading up to her dorms when I grabbed her arm.

"What do you need Remus?" Y/N asked.

"I was going to ask if you could meet with me, the girls and the boys near the Great Lake right now?" I asked nicely.

"I'm sorry but I don't really feel like it..." Y/N said as politely as possible.

"Please?" I persisted.

"No." Y/N said.

"I'll give you all my chocolate?" I offered hesitantly. What in the bloody hell did I just do...

"Fine..." Y/N said following me.

She followed me until the grounds and when she reached there she gasped seeing the beauty. I just hope it was a happy gasp.

It was an amazing picnic. It had the most delicious food I had ever seen myself. It had so much food the boys and girls had asked the house-elves to make, a large blanket, drinks and best of all, all of our friends.

"Y-you guys made this?" Y/N asked with the sunset shining in her eyes.

"Yeah. We hope you like it." Sirius hesitated.

"I don't like it..." Y/N said crossing her arms. 

Everyone sighed. Great...All this time and effort for nothing, but my ears perked up when she continued.

"I LOVE IT!" she said and hugged us all somehow.

We then ate food, laughed and played around. Y/N finally started acting like Y/N again.

"Are you feeling better?" Sirius asked after a while.

"Yeah...You guys are the best!" Y/N said and gave us a hug again.