A Beautiful Dance - Chapter 22

Y/N's P.O.V

Today was the day of the dance. I was delighted, but not as delighted as some of the other people. Throughout the day I kept seeing people squealing and sticking to their dates and guys being disgustingly romantic. It was honestly quite annoying. 

That day, the teachers also made the class study extra because nobody would study that day. You could say the start of the day wasn't perfect... hell it was awful. But I was still hopeful things would turn around at the ball.

The school day finally ended and it was about four hours before the dance. Since I really didn't wear makeup or take too long to finish getting ready, I decided to get rid of my pile of homework.

A calm half an hour was over and I was really enjoying being alone with my books until a fuming red-head plopped down on the bean bag couch next to me.

"What's wrong Lily?" I asked.

"Potter. Won't. Leave. Me. ALONE!" Lily grumbled.

"Can't say I'm surprised." I shrugged. "I think you know he's in love with you by now." I chuckled.

"It's just really annoying." Lily fumed.

"Are you going with anybody else?" I asked going back to my studies.

At this Lily's expression quickly changed from angry, to embarrassed. Unluckily for Lily, I noticed the sudden change in her mood.

"Wait. Who did you take?" I questioned looking up from my book and glaring at her.

"Micheal Robbins." Lily said shortly.

"That idiot from Hufflepuff?!" I shouted.

"It's very rude to classify Hufflepuffs as stupid." Lily said.

"I'm not classifying anyone! I've met that guy! Do not go with him!" I pleaded for Lily's sake.

"I already said yes..." Lily sighed.

"Well then good luck..." I said simply and went back to my homework. Another fifteen minutes passed before Marlene barged in and stood in front of us tapping her foot.

"What is it now?" I groaned.

"Why aren't you getting ready for the dance?!" Marlene asked loudly.

"We have three whole hours." Lily said pointing at the clock.

"And?" Marlene asked raising an eyebrow.

"'And?' What do you mean 'And?' I only need 30 minutes to get ready." I stated.

"No. Because today, I'm getting you girls ready for your first dance." Marlene said and quite literally dragged us back up to the dorms.

"Now you four." Marlene said pointing at us. "Go take a shower." 

"Me first!" I shouted childishly and ran to the bathroom.

"I'm next!" Lily said in the same manner.

"I guess I'm last." Dorcas shrugged.

"Okay, while she's showering, get all of your dresses out. Take Y/N's out too." Marlene instructed and the three did as they were told.

After I came out, the other three took turns showering and I wore something comfortable that wouldn't ruin my makeup and dried my hair.

I sat at the dressing table and Marlene took care of my looks. She put on some concealer, blush, eyeliner, mascara,nude eyeshadow and a similar lipstick in a very subtle brown shade.

 She put on some concealer, blush, eyeliner, mascara,nude eyeshadow and a similar lipstick in a very subtle brown shade