The Balcony Fiasco - Chapter 24

James' P.O.V

It was a typical Saturday afternoon, we were lazing in our dorms after a long two hours of finishing all our pending work and Y/N and Remus were in the library studying because apparently they enjoy torture even after their work is dead and buried.

"Anybody else think that Remus has been acting strangely calm around Y/N?" I asked out of the blue.

"He already told us remember?" Peter said obviously.

"I know but for some reason, I don't believe it..." I said skeptically. How could he get over it in like...three hours?

"Yeah...me too." Sirius said thinking hard. "I know what'll fix it! More of our, obviously professional, matchmaking!"

"What did you come up with this time?" I rolled my eyes.

"We could lock them in the astronomy tower until we hear sappy stuff and let them figure out the rest themselves." Sirius said vaguely.

"Have you gone bonkers mate? Y/N will kill us when she comes out!" I said terrified. "And I wanna live a few more years." I exclaimed.

"She does have skills..." Peter agreed.

"Oh come on! Those two are clearly in love and not doing anything about it!" Sirius said flailing his arms wildly.

"Alright! Alright! Calm down! Jeez!" I said keeping my arms up in mock defense.

"Let's get planning!"

-----

Y/N's P.O.V

At the end of the day when I was about to go to sleep, I noticed a paper on my bed. I picked it up and it said, Meet at the Astronomy tower balcony, Midnight. - Your Secret Admirer.

I cared less about secret admirers and people who pulled romantic stunts to impress me and asked to 'meet me'. But I was intrigued by this letter so I decided to go investigate. I waited until midnight, put on something acceptable and headed to the tower.

I walked very carefully, avoiding Filch or his ugly cat. I went up to the tower and noticed a familiar lanky, tall figure and when I stepped closer, I noticed dull sandy hair and knew who it was.

Wait. Is Remus my secret admirer? I thought confused and kind of scared. I just stared at him contemplating his looks. He looked like he usually did, but the starry blanket across the night sky gave a certain sparkle in his eyes and cute demeanor to his face which somehow made him look ten times better.

Remus' P.O.V

When I finally noticed Y/N staring at me, I spun around and faced her. Wait. Is Y/N my secret admirer? Earlier I had gotten a note on my bed from a supposed 'secret admirer' who asked to meet me here.

"What are you doing here?" I asked the E/C eyed girl.

"I got a note from an admirer..." she said vaguely.

"Me too." I said.

"Are you the secret admirer?"

"Are you the secret admirer?" we asked simultaneously.

"No." I said.

"Me neither" Y/N said plainly trying not to give away a specific tone.

"But if you didn't leave that note on my bed." Y/N said thinking.

"And you didn't leave one on mine." I finished.

"Those three!" I exclaimed. But it was too late. We heard the door slam shut and the clicking of a lock.

"Do you have your wand?" I asked searching my pockets in case I unknowingly packed it.

"No. I didn't think I would need it." Y/N said in a slightly panicked voice.

"Me neither." I sighed defeated.

"What are we going to do?" Y/N said growing more and more trepidated by the second.

"What are we going to do?" I thought out loud.

Y/N's P.O.V

I scanned the balcony and started measuring until I suddenly had an idea. "Remus! Take off your clothes!" I said loudly. I just realized what that sounded like...

"What?" he blushed.

"Not all of them nitwit! Your jacket, scarf and other clothes other than your shirt and pant. If we tie all of them like a rope, we can reach the balcony under us!" I said taking off my own. We both took off our winter clothes which left us freezing, but with a way out.

We tied them all together and created a long rope. I tightly tied the clothes to the railing of the balcony and started descending down the makeshift tool. "Come on Remus!" I called.

"I don't know Y/N this looks pretty dangerous..." Remus said contemplating the height and fall.

I gave him an 'are you serious?' look referring to all the much more dangerous pranks we'd pulled. I was acting brave but deep down, I was terrified of this whole scene.

He gathered up some Gryffindor courage and started climbing down with me under him. Everything was going smoothly [considering the fact that we were climbing down a thousand foot tower on clothes.] until I started slipping.

"Remus!" I panicked and managed to hold on to one part of the rope.

"Y/N! Hold on!" he said climbing down to my level. "Get on my back." he said.

"What?! No! I'll fall if I let go!" I said petrified.

"Trust me..." he said with a smile I couldn't resist. I very carefully got on his back and held onto his shoulders for dear life. 

Remus started climbing down until they realised. "The rope's not enough. We're gonna have to jump."

"WHAT?! NO! I'VE ENOUGH NEAR DEATH EXPERIENCES TONIGHT FOR A LIFE TIME!" I said incredibly loudly. I really was planning to live for another 70 years or so.

"You're gonna have to trust me." Remus said getting ready.

"Remus I swear if you- AHH!!!" I was cut off by him leaping across to the balcony below. (A.N. Remus is now spider-man again.) We landed with a thud and rolled on the ground until we stopped and I was awkwardly on top of Remus.

I scrambled off him and when he managed to get up I wrapped my arms around his neck and flung onto him with a very tight hug. I then abruptly let go and punched him in the arm.

"Ow!" Remus exclaimed.

"We could've died you idiot!" I said angrily.

"Key word: could've." he said cheekily.

"Come on smart-arse." I said opening the door.

We sneaked past Filch and Mrs. Norris back to their common-room. "So what kind of weapons are we using?" I asked.

"We only need our hands."

Third Person P.O.V

Long story short, after a lot of violence and two Hospital Wing visits, the boys apologized for their crazy plan and made it up to them by doing the same thing they did. Peter had literally shit his pants.

But overall, their plan kind of worked. The whole experience brought Y/N and Remus closer together and their romance was slowly growing.

(A.N. NGL I had literally no idea for this chapter and the idea just...came to me at 3 a.m. last night. So there's that story. Hope you liked this chapter! Bye!)