Book Club - Chapter 48

Remus' P.O.V

It had been almost a month since the incident at Christmas and I had been avoiding Y/N at all costs. I really, really didn't want to start anything again. Especially after my good reasons.

I hadn't had much of a conversation with her since the kiss, apart from when we were planning on the worst way to tell off the boys for their stupid plan.

I noticed that she was doing the same. I really hated doing this to her. I hated everything about us not being together, but I feel...it's for the best. (A.N. Idk if I've written this before but I'm completely brain-dead so...)

But today I was finally going to approach her again since I had an idea for something I her and Lily could do. Since we all had a shared interest in reading, I thought we could start a book club together.

Y/N's P.O.V

I had been avoiding Remus all the time. I really didn't want to start another awkward situation with him about our previous relationship and especially about the way I kissed him just to get it over with.

I was heading over to my Arithmancy class, which was the last class of the day, until I was stopped by Remus rushing behind me.

I sighed and just decided to talk to him already.

"Remus? Why are you coming? I thought you didn't take Arithmancy." I said acting clueless.

"I just wanted to ask if you would be interested in joining a small book club I'm making." he shrugged.

"Oh...Just me and you?" I asked. I really didn't see the point of just the two of us since we already talk about every book we read with each other already. Plus our library sessions. And I probably wasn't looking forward to spending more alone time with him than I wanted to.

"No not really. I asked the boys and all of them said no. I asked the girls too and Lily was the only one who said yes, so it'll be the three of us." he informed.

"Sounds great. When and where do I have to meet you guys?" I asked moving quicker to the classroom.

"Library. 4 o'clock. See you there!" he said heading to his own class.

Well...at least it's not just the two of us.

*Time skip brought to you by Dramione because I'm obsessed*

It was after Arithmancy and classes end at 3:30 so I decided to head up to my dorms and change. Granted it didn't take me half an hour to get ready but I decided to spend as less time with Remus as I could.

As I opened the door I bumped into a familiar red-head.

"Oh hey Lily. Are you going to the library already?" I asked eagerly. Maybe I didn't have to waste my time after all.

"Yeah. Divination ended early." she shrugged. "Wanna come?"

"Let me just change. Wait for me!" I said and quickly changed into my usual outfit of a sweater and baggy jeans.

We then slowly and comfortably walked to the library due to our long time stretch. And by the time we arrived, it was precisely 4 o'clock and Remus was waiting for us at a three seater table.

We walked over to him, exchanged greetings and began our work in silence. The table didn't have three individual chairs but rather one large, polished wooden board. Since I was already doing the most, when Remus occupied the first seat, I convinced Lily to act as a buffer seat between us.

Lily's P.O.V

This girl really hates herself doesn't she?

When Y/N asked me to seat in the middle I grudgingly agreed, acting as childish as I could. In reality I really just didn't want to get in the way of those two. They were clearly so good together and I wasn't going to let them live both of their oblivious-ass lives apart.

I let the library go quiet and waited for the perfect moment. Since they were both in same position, holding their heads in their hands while looking at the book under them, I decided to move away from between so they could have their moment. If they ever realised what happened.

And since both of them were slightly leaning on me, they would at least touch foreheads. I stealthily slipped from between them and just what I had wanted to happen, happened. Now to just wait for the knuckle heads to get up.

I quietly hid behind a bookshelf right behind them so I could get a clear view. But that's when someone bumped into me from the behind.

"Hey Lily! Have you seen Y/N and Remus? We have a pla-" Sirius started loudly.

"Shh!" I cut him off by putting my hand over his mouth. "Yes. They're right there!" I whisper-shouted pointing towards the reading couple. "And no you can't do one of your stupid plans again today. I have my own." I said cutting off Peter when he was about to mention their plan again.

I directed them towards Y/N and Remus' direction and filled them in on what I planned to happen.

"It's never going to work." James whispered.

"And why do you think so Potter?" I said turning in his direction.

"It doesn't have any James Potter in it!" he said playfully as I hit him on the head. "I'm kidding. I'm kidding!" he chuckled.

"Ugh! Do we have to do more matchmaking now? This is so hard!" Peter whined.

"Shut up!" I said growing red.

Y/N's P.O.V

About 45 minutes into our reading, I noticed the familiar flowery smell of Lily disappear. Instead, my sinuses were filled with the smell of my Amortentia. Wait? My Amortentia? Surely they weren't just taking Amortentia through the library.

A few minutes into my confusion, I leaned my head farther and felt a painful sting. I bumped into something. Or someone...

As I slowly jet my head up I feel a soft, warm pair of lips brushing against my forehead. Wait what? I look up to see it was Remus. Did he do that? Was it an accident? Where the hell is Lily?

"I-I'm sorry. It was an accident! You were too close and Lily wasn't there and-" Remus ranted.

"Hey! It's okay. I understand. But where's Lily?" I asked.

Lily's P.O.V

Shit! They were supposed to kiss!

"What happened Lily? Is that all?" Peter said rudely.

"Shut up Wormtail! She tried." James supported as Peter turned sour.

"Yeah...But I forgot Remus was a bloody giraffe!" I huffed.

"They're gonna kill us for trying this kind of stupid shit again...Especially after the last time." Sirius flinched rubbing the back of his neck.

"Maybe not?..." I said nervously. Great...This failed and now I was probably going to die at the hands of two werewolves with anger issues.

We peeped back through the space between books and strained our ears to listen to what the two were saying.

Y/N sighed deeply before starting. "D'you think Lily and the boys had something to do with this again?"

"Probably." Remus said imitating her actions.

"Do you wanna spend more time plotting their destruction, 'matchmaking' Prongs and Lily as revenge or just go back to reading and act like it never happened?" Y/N joked. That woman is scary. And who the hell is Prongs?

"Too much work. Let's just go back to reading." Remus shrugged and they went back to reading in silence.

 I mostly didn't care anymore about this failed endeavour but I was going to get those two idiots together no matter what.