Quidditch Tryouts - Chapter 14

Y/N's P.O.V

Christmas break was over and Quidditch tryouts were finally open. They took half the year because the school was having a few financial problems as Dumbledore had donated a lot of money to helping people and fixing monuments that were attacked by Grindelwald.

James was currently jumping up and down in joy and I was an absolute nervous wreck.

"Finally. Finally! FINALLY!" James shouted in the common-rooms.

"Finally what?" I asked coming down the stairs.

"LOOOOOOOK!!!" he said excitedly pointing to a poster that said.

Quidditch tryouts open now! Starts Friday January 13th at 5:00 p.m.

"Oh no. Oh no. Oh no." I panicked.

"What's wrong? And what's with all the shouting?" Remus asked coming downstairs too.

When he saw the state I was in he immediately rushed over and James snickered. What was so funny? He was just helping.

"What's wrong Y/N? Are you okay?" Remus asked worriedly.

"I'm fine." I said regaining her composure.

"C'mon Y/N, your boyfriend came all the way downstairs for this!" James teased and Remus glared at him. Oh...that.

"Nothing I'm just...Nothing..." I said vaguely.

"Alright then! I'm heading over to Lily!" James skipped. Already? It was only 10...

"You know she doesn't wanna be 6 feet near you right?" I raised an eyebrow.

"I know!" James shrugged and went up to the girls dorms.

"Okay not that he's gone...tell me what's actually wrong." Remus asked.

"I'm just nervous okay?! I'm nervous because of the upcoming tryouts! I know I said I wanted to play but I'm scared that I'll be bad at it! I've never been that much of an athletic person! And the worst part is I haven't studied about it as much as I should have! I mean what if I screw up?! What is I fall off my broom?! What if I-?!" I panicked.

"Y/N! Y/N!" Remus cut off my rant. I actually had MUCH more coming but okay.

"Hmm?" I looked up at him.

"You are going to be amazing. You're a strong person and great at everything you do. And if anything...you study too much." Remus said pointing at the huge pile of Quidditch books at my desk.

I stayed silent and had an argument in my head. I exhaled, looked at Remus and gave him a long hug.

"Thanks Rem." I smiled into the hug. I was really grateful for all his support he gave all the time.

-----

The week flew by and soon it was Friday after classes. 

"Only two hours left until tryouts!" I paced in my dorms.

"Y/N! Y/N! YY/NN!" Mary screamed.

"What?" I asked cluelessly.

"I just wanted you to stop that pacing. It's making me dizzy. But Dorcas probably has some advice for you." Mary shrugged.

"Try it N/N" Lily suggested.

"Anything for her D? It's getting kinda annoying..." Marlene asked while doing her nails.

"Okay...Just sit down, take a few deep breaths and probably drink some water." Dorcas suggested.

I did what she suggested and calmed down.