The Confession - Chapter 10

(A.N. This chapter's a bit random. Sorry.)

Y/N's P.O.V

"I'm so excited for second year!" I exclaimed on the Hogwarts Express.

"Yeah! We can finally try out for Quidditch!" James said happily.

"I will too!" Sirius said excitedly.

"What are you trying out for Siri?" James asked his best friend.

"You know that's a dumb nickname right?" Remus said skeptically.

"Yeah I do. I'm gonna try out for Beater." Sirius exclaimed.

"I'm gonna try out for Chaser!" James said proudly.

"I think I'll try out for Chaser too..." I said with my face still behind my book.

"Whaaaaaaa..." all the boys said with wide eyes and dropped jaws.

"Problem?" I asked coolly. I was honestly teasing. If I were them I'd be surprised too.

"B-but you don't even play Quidditch!" Peter said rather rudely.

"I have more secrets than just my 'furry little problem'." I smirked.

And as expected James and Sirius bombarded me with questions about my strategies and my broomstick which I told them was a Nimbus.

"A Nimbus? How did you get such an expensive broom?" Remus asked.

"Dumbledore allowed me some money from the muggle-born vault." I explained.

"Oh." Peter realized.

Not long after the trolley witch came to the compartment as usual and asked if anyone wanted some sweets. And as usual everyone bought a lot of sweets except me. I took out my own chocolate.

"I swear you boys must empty half the trolley..." I said facepalming.

When we reached Hogwarts again we had to get to the castle but this time we didn't use the boats. We were second year students now so we took the carriages which were seemingly pulled by nothing.

"Are these carriages being pulled by the ghosts?" I asked scanning the vehicle.

"This is so weird." Sirius said touching the reins.

"They're actually being pulled by Thestrals. Thestrals are magical creatures that you can only see if you've watched someone die." Remus said darkly.

"Oh." I said in realization. That's dark.

When we reached the castle this time we used a different doorway and instead of Mcgonnagall giving us a speech we went directly to the Great Hall and sat and watched students get sorted.

There were many new Gryffindor's this year and James and Sirius were happy about it. We weren't paying much attention to any of the Sorting until an all too familiar name was called.

"Black, Regulus." Mcgonnagall called.

I felt Sirius freeze at the name of his brother. Sirius knew that he would be a Slytherin, but for some reason he hoped his brother would be with him. He had shared these thoughts with us on the Hogwarts express.

"SLYTHERIN!" the Sorting Hat said after a short time.

Regulus hesitated and looked at the table making eye contact with his brother, but then regained his composure. He smirked and swaggered to the Slytherin table. The sight was both annoying and heart-breaking. Sirius had to go through so much...

After the feast (which we probably emptied) we followed the Prefect to our common-room.

"Locomortis." the Prefect spoke.