The Plan to Help - Chapter 12

(A.N. Hello readers I am back after a frickin long time and here to make it up to you with another chapter! Sorry the chapters haven't had as much you and Remus as you'd want them to but until 3rd year it's gonna be pretty platonic. Hope you like this chapter!)

James' P.O.V

Y/N and Remus were having their usual study dat- ehem session and I, Sirius and Peter were in our dorms. So basically a regular Saturday afternoon.

"Oh my god! Oh my god! Oh my god!" I shouted excitedly in the dorms. I just had another one of my genius ideas! It was REALLY great.

"What is it?" Sirius and Peter asked dully, used to me being so hyper over my ideas. But little did they know what I was gonna say next!

"We should become Animagi!" I exclaimed. Okay when I say it out loud it just sounds random and kinda stupid...wow.

"WAIT WHAT?!" Sirius and Peter shouted surprised.

"Yeah! Y/N and Remus are always saying that we can't help in any way during their transformations right? But if we become animagi, we can stop them fighting, scratching themselves and a lot more!" I said still excited.

"That's actually not a bad idea!" Sirius said thinking.

"It sounds d-dangerous..." Peter stuttered.

"Come on Pete!" James encouraged.

"Okay..." Peter said joining the excitement.

"But how? The book on Animagi is in the restricted section..." Sirius said deflating.

"We could always ask Minnie...Just not tell her the specific book." I said devilishly. I had good looks and charm, what was stopping me?

"Perfect!" Sirius exclaimed.

"What's perfect?" Y/N asked coming into the dorms.

"Nothing." we quickly covered up with unconvincing smiles.

Y/N was about to investigate further but Remus put an arm on her shoulder and gave her a look indicating for her to leave it alone. Ah, poor old Remy being sensible.

"Fine." Y/N sighed. "We just came in here for more quills and parchment. You can carry on with your 'nothing'". Y/N air-quoted and her and Remus went back to the library.

"They're up to something right?" Remus said when they left.

"Right." Y/N confirmed.

"C'mon! Let's go ask Minnie!" I said after we were sure Y/N and Remus had left.

We scurried to the classroom avoiding Filch in case he told us not to run or something stupid. We reached there and noticed the deputy headmistress hard at work.

"Potter, Black, Pettigrew. What brings you here today?" Mcgonnagall asked.

"Professor Mcgonnagall. Can we have the permission to retrieve a book from the Restricted section?" I asked as politely as possible.

"And why would you need it Mr. Potter?" Mcgonnagall asked.

It's a bit of a secret." Sirius said quietly.

"Animagi! We're looking up Animagi!" Peter slipped up. At least he didn't tell her we were planning to become some.

"What?" Mcgonnagall asked with a mixture of surprise and worry in her voice.

"I-It's for a project!" Sirius blurted out.

"Alright then." she sighed and gave us a signed slip. She definitely wasn't convinced but I thankful that she didn't investigate further and just gave us the bloody slip.(A.N. You can't tell me Minnie didn't help her favorite students.)