The Party's Surprise - Chapter 58

(A.N. Okay before we start the chapter, to the people who figure out what's happening before it's revealed, please don't spoil it in the comments. Thank you and enjoy the chapter <3)

Today was the party that the students of Gryffindor held every end of year for seventh year students who were finally graduating from the wondrous castle of Hogwarts.

The Marauders were on the invite list this year of course. They were merely days away from graduating and almost every student of Gryffindor house gave them stress about being 'the life of the party'.

The quintuplet gave no mind to these urgings though. As Sirius would say 'It goes in one ear and out the other.', rightly said according to the others. 

They were filtering out the pressure as they had already been stressed enough the previous months with their grandest prank yet and carry literal piles of N.E.W.T homework and study.

But James and Sirius had a plan to make the crowds go wild the only problem was, they wouldn't tell anyone what this plan was.

Peter was on their tail day and night to find out what the amazing feat was, and James and Sirius would only give him mysterious hints which only gave him more motivation. 

Y/N and Remus were only mildly bothered. They were obviously curious as to what James and Sirius had time for after that tiring year, but they spent their time together, roaming the castle and soaking in memories. But Y/N was slightly more curious as she had seen a very suspicious exchanging of small boxes between the planning two.

The morning of the festivity, Peter decided to take up the quest of finding out what it is that the two had planned.

"Just a hint Prongs! Please!" begged the ever-curious Peter.

"Fine, fine. I'll tell you two hints so you'll stop bothering me until you actually see it. Deal?" asked James raising an amused yet annoyed brow.

"Deal!" exclaimed Peter as Y/N and Remus simultaneously rolled their eyes behind them.

"One, it's not a prank or trick or anything like we ever do together." said Sirius.

"Two, it involves Lily and Marlene." winked James.

Then suddenly something clicked in Y/N's brain after the second hint and it all made sense now. 

"Oh my god! You two are going to-" but Y/N was cut off by Sirius putting a quick hand over her mouth.

"Shh!" said the stormy-eyed boy before whispering what they were going to do in her ear which left a fuming Peter and a squealing Y/N.

"Oh they're going to be so happy when I tell them!" she exclaimed.

"No! No! No! No! You can't! It's a surprise especially for the party." James said quickly.

Y/N nodded her head in agreement and made the action of zipping her lips together and throwing away the key.

"If Fang can know then why can't I!" whined Peter.

"Well she found out. We didn't tell her." shrugged James only aggravating the red-head more.

Still, Peter cooled down and resorted to his only solution, asking more questions...

*****

Five o'clock came quicker than any of them expected so Y/N headed back to the girls' dorms and was having the time of her life laughing and getting ready with her other best friends. She loved the Marauders just as much but sometimes it was nice to have a little girl time.

"Hey N/N. I heard James and Sirius were pulling something at the party tonight. Any idea what it is?" asked Mary as Marlene and Lily headed to the bathroom to get their wands to dry their hair.