Werewolf Appreciation Day - Chapter 49

(A.N. Quick heads up! Y/B/D is 'Your Birthday'.)

Remus' P.O.V

I sighed deeply as I woke up early in the morning. It was officially 10th March 1977. My birthday...

I dreaded this day every year for one reason and one reason only...The Marauders. They always made a grand announcement at the Great Hall making me the center of attention. Which I hated...

I wonder what crazy plan they had this year. I had cast a spell that would let me wake up at 6 a.m. before the boys could wake me up by screaming in my ear like psychopaths.

But suppose this year was quite special. It was my 17th birthday. I was an adult now. There was a lot coming this year, with seventh year finally starting, N.E.W.T's and leaving Hogwarts eventually. I don't think I'm ready to leave home...but I had a year.

But I still tried to keep an open mind on what the Marauders were planning for me this year. Knowing them it was going to be crazy and over the top.

James' P.O.V

It was finally Remus' birthday and we had planned the best thing ever! We couldn't do it on Y/B/D because Fang would kill us so we had planned it today for both her and Moony!

We called it 'Werewolf Appreciation Day'! Genius right? We already sang 'Happy Birthday' in front of the whole school for Moony and then throw a party for both of them in the Gryffindor common-room.

Everyone else joining us for the party would congratulate Remus only, since it was his birthday and 'Werewolf Appreciation Day' definitely wouldn't be up front, but it was a special thing for us and the girls to enjoy.

"Why are we doing this again?" Peter asked while setting up decorations.

"Forgotten already Wormtail? Remember how sad they were when we learnt how 'dangerous' werewolves in Defence Against the Dark Arts." Sirius rolled his eyes while struggling to hang the streamers. 

"Hey guys! Started without me?" Y/N asked shuffling downstairs. Oh...and one more thing...she thought the party was just for Moony.

Fang started helping us with the decorations as we slaved away for hours, making some excuse or the other for Moony and skipping classes. It was...depressing to miss classes...but it was for the best.

Soon enough the girl walked in and figured out what was going on so I convinced Lily to join us and the others followed suit.

After a while, all of Gryffindor figured out about the big party we were having so we told them they could join if they would help us with decorations, food and surprising Remus. And they all agreed. I mean...who wouldn't agree to an AWESOME party?!

*Time skip brought to you by Wyen Ellen [get it?]*

It was officially 9:00 p.m. and Moony and Lily's Prefect duties should be over by now. We planned to surprise Remus when Lily brought him in. He is going to LOVE this!

We heard the soft whoosh of the portrait hole opening and the grumbling of the Fat Lady so we all jumped out.

"Surprise!" all of us said simultaneously as I popped the party popper.

 But to our surprise it was just Minnie checking in. She looked around with a slightly open mouth. She then heaved a loud sigh and pinched the bridge of her nose.

"S-sorry Minnie! We'll clean this! We just wanted-" Y/N panicked.

"It's alright." Minnie said raising her hand. "I suppose it's Mr. Lupin's birthday already?" she asked exasperatedly.

"Mmm-hmm." Sirius nodded excitedly.

"Alright then. Just clean all this up before Filch sees. And it's Professor Mcgonnagall." she said swiftly walking out the entrance.

Y/N's P.O.V

After Minnie left. We waited for another five minutes until the birthday boy and Lily walked through the entrance.

"Surprise!" we yelled out as James popped the party popper for the second time that night.

Remus jumped slightly and Lily put on her party hat.

"So this is what you were planning the whole day." Remus said with a side-smile.

"Yep! Do you like it?" Sirius said even more excited.

"You know I would've been fine with a cake you guys." he chuckled.

"Yeah but our best friends deserve the best." James said in the same tone as Sirius.

"Friends?" I asked in reference to the misused plural.

"Yeah! Friends!" Peter exclaimed.

"We thought we could throw this party for the both of you! We call it 'Werewolf Appreciation Day'! Do you like it?" James smiled.

"Come on guys. This is Remus' party...Y-you didn't have to." I said shyly.

"I'm more than happy to share my birthday party. I don't like being the center of attention anyway." he said with a light shrug.

"Thanks. Also where the hell did you guys get 'Werewolf Appreciation Day' from? It's even dumber as a nickname than Siri." I laughed.

"Well I like it." Sirius huffed childishly.

We laughed at Sirius' statement and started enjoying the party. I found a relatively quiet corner and enjoyed my firewhiskey rather than going wild with the rest of Gryffindor. I'm pretty sure I saw some students from other houses too. Was this that big?

Out of the corner of my eye, I noticed Remus squeezing out of the bustling crowds who were constantly wishing him on his 17th birthday.

"So Mr. Adult," I joked. "What do you plan to do no that you're seventeen?" I asked.

"I don't know. For me there aren't many job opportunities. For us I mean...You know?" he asked worriedly, turning his face serious.

"Don't worry Moony. We have time. And I didn't mean to spoil the birthday mood." I joked giving him a weird look.

He poured himself a glass and rose it into the air. "A toast?" he asked.

"To you living another year and to us for surviving living with the Marauders." I joked as we gulped down the burning liquid.

We constantly refilled our drinks and got piss drunk together. Courtesy of Madam Rosemerta's amazing Firewhiskey.

(A.N. Hi y'all! Just wanted to say that I'll probably be repeating some of the fanarts that I put on the top because I can't find any more. If you've got some good ones for me to do you can probs dm me or comment. It has to be the Marauders or just Remus tho. As much as I absolutely ADORE Wolfstar...this ain't that kinda story.)