Chapter 12: I'm Not Staying

Chapter 12:

"You should really tell him soon, Pen." Danielle said with sympathy. I just had to let it out and talk to someone who knew my secret. Danielle was the only person that did, but unfortunately she also didn't approve. I could see why though. 

"I want to, but every time I come close to doing it, I feel like he's just gonna rip my heart out of my chest and pound it into little bits. Dani, I've never been in a relationship and I've never had my heart broken. I-I can't keep up any longer..." I whispered. 

Danielle sighed and took a sip of her coffee. "Hun, if Zayn did do that to you, he's not good enough for you. I'm just saying, if he loves you like I think he loves you, he won't break your heart." 

I ran my hand through my hair. "I just want Perrie to come back so I can go home and pretend like this never happened. I didn't want this to happen in the first place. I wish...I wish I never met him. Then I wouldn't have this problem." Perrie seriously needed to come back before I screamed out to the whole universe that I am not Perrie Edwards of Little Mix. I was just her twin. 

"Pen, if two people were meant for each other, they'll be together. It could be caused by fate or something, but it will happen. Liam and I were together for a long time, but I made the mistake of breaking it off. It wasn't easy having your boyfriend gone half the time, but I realized that I really need him." Danielle explained. "Our relationship was too good to let go."

I sniffled. "That's sweet, but technically, this isn't my relationship. It's Perrie's."

"You are so stubborn." Danielle rolled her eyes. 

"It runs in the family."

"I've known Zayn for a very long time okay Penelope? I know when he looks happy and when he does not. The way he looks right now is the happiest I've ever seen him. He was miserable with Perrie. Sure, she's a sweet girl and your sister, but she has her flaws. Honestly, Zayn and Perrie were never meant to be together."

"B-But I can't just take what was my sister's. Stealing her boyfriend is the last thing I want to do!" I cried. I took a long gulp of coffee to calm myself down. 

"You're already half way there. Once you tell him who you really are, he's not hers anymore. Don't get me wrong, your sister is awesome, but I think there's someone else on this planet that would be better suited for her." Danielle shrugged. "But you and Zayn, that's the package."

"Thanks," I blushed, "but I don't know how to tell him. It's not like I can just say, 'Hey Zayn, I'm not really Perrie. Nope, I'm her twin sister Penelope who's taking her place while she's off on vacation!'"

"That could work. I mean it's right to the point." Danielle pointed out. She took another sip of her coffee.

"Dani," I groaned, "maybe I'll just leave town and never come back. When I get home, I'll just stay there and when he sees me, I'll tell him I'm myself. Penelope. That's a good plan..."

Danielle face palmed and looked at me dead in the eyes. Her warm brown eyes locked with my blue ones. "Zayn is in love with you, my dear. If you leave, he'll be crushed. He'll start drinking again and he actually stopped smoking after you replaced Perrie. Smoking is like his stress reliever. If you leave..."

"Dani," I whined, "stop making me feel so bad. I already have a plan!" 

"I'm trying to make you feel guilty so you'll tell him the truth and you'll stay." Danielle grinned. "Duh, it's kinda the objective right here."

"No," I complained, "I just wanna leave and forget. I can be a nun or I can grow old with a dozen cats. I like cats. This is a good plan."

Danielle sighed and stood up. She looked at her watch and then looked at me. "Sorry Pen, I gotta go to dance practice."