Chapter 2: I'm Not His Girlfriend, She Is

Chapter 2:

"I can't do that!" I protested immediately. What was Perrie even thinking? Did she actually think that I was going to agree to that? It was an insane idea and probably impossible for me to pull off anyways so why did she even suggest such an idea? "That's absurd! I'd never be able to pull that off!" She wanted me to take her place? First of all, why? Why couldn't she just say she was going on a vacation like she really was. Was there something wrong with the truth? The truth was always the best choice right?

"Penelope, you're my identical twin!" Perrie pointed out. Even if we looked alike, our personalities differed so any person who was paying attention could see that and know which twin was which twin...if they knew there was a twin that existed anyways.

"Yeah, but we're total opposites! I don't know how to act like you. Plus, why can't you say that you're going on a vacation?" I asked. 

"Because," she sighed, "if I do, they'll figure out where I'm going and all I want is to go somewhere where no one knows who I am. I don't want people taking pictures of me and then bam, it's all over the internet. Then, if I talk to a boy, they'll think I'm cheating! I like Zayn, I really do. It's just that the attention is crazy and it's hard to handle. I didn't even expect to become this famous! I just wanna be away from the cameras for a bit. Away from the public eye." And she thought that I wanted to be scrutinized under the media's eye. Hell no. There was absolutely no way on earth that it was happening. 

Perrie looked desperate though. Let me tell you one thing- Perrie was never ever desperate. Like ever. She was ready to pull her hair out which wouldn't be good since her hair was absolutely gorgeous. There was a certain shine to it that mine didn't have. Maybe it was just my dysfunctional brain... Sure we had the same hair, but hers just seemed to be better.

Just like she was better at everything else.  

"Perrie, I can't do that. I can't sing first of all which is kind of a big deal since you're a singer. I don't know the people you know. I-" Perrie had seriously taken any musical talent in the family that existed because my singing was the equivalent to the sounds of a dying cat, moose, elephant, and walrus combined. 

The singing was left to Perrie and Perrie only.

Perrie cut me off. "I already told my manager that my voice wasn't up for singing and it hurts. I'm off the hook for a while. Like a long while. Told them I had a surgery and plus, we're on a break right now so no need to worry. I'll be back in time to record a new album. You know who you need to know. In London, I only hang out with they guys from One Direction and my bandmates from Little Mix, but I doubt they'll be around. They're all going home and spending time with their families so..."

"Perrie-"

"Pen, please," she pleaded. She had somehow made her eyes water- they looked glassy and big. She used this trick all the time on Mum and Dad. 

"What are we gonna tell Mum?" I asked then. I didn't want to leave Mum and Dad alone. Their other daughter had already left so what would they do without me? 

Well actually, I was pretty sure they wanted me out of the house as soon as possible. I wasn't surprised at that either. I was sick of me too.

"That you're coming to London with me." Perrie shrugged, "and the beauty of this is that they both are too technical dumb to figure out how to video call so we're off for the clear. I know what I'm doing Penelope. I've learned how to be really sneaky."  

"You really have everything planned don't you?"

"Kind of," she smirked, "I've got it all sorted out."