Chapter 5: I'm Not Losing To This Eating Contest

Chapter 5:

"I bet I can finish this big mac quicker than you." Zayn challenged, holding his still warm burger in his hands. Was he seriously challenging me? Did he want to lose? But of course, he thought I was Perrie. Well he was in for a big surprise.

I glanced at the big mac in my hands. Should I risk challenging him? I knew Perrie didn't go down without a fight. "It's on pretty boy." I smirked. This boy was going down. He wouldn't even know what hit him.

"Ready," Zayn said, "I'm gonna win...Set..." Zayn winked at me receiving a wink back from me, "GO!" As the words left his mouth, I took a huge bite out of my burger. It was still a little hot and burned my tongue, but I wasn't letting Zayn beat me at an eating contest. I was never one to win contests, but if it was eating, I'd win. Period. I chewed as fast as I could and took another bite. Zayn stalled and took a sip of coke, buying me extra time.

What a slow poke. It was like he was trying to lose.

Finally, I took the last bite of the burger and drank all of my coke. I burped and started laughing. Zayn just stared at me in awe. "That was so..." He's gonna say it's gross. Oh god. No wonder I can never get a boyfriend. I'm disgusting. I was going to blow Perrie's cover. He knew what was going. He knew. "Awesome!" Zayn screamed.

"Huh?"

"Seriously. I didn't know you had it in you!" Zayn exclaimed. His eyes were wide- in admirement. It was quite funny though- his grin was huge.

"A girl's gotta eat," I shrugged, "I was just really hungry."

"Yeah, you sure were!" Zayn laughed, "I've never seen you eat that fast or that much before. Actually, I've never seen a girl eat that fast. Congrats Perrie- I think you set a new world record. Maybe you should have a contest with Niall."

"Ha- I'd win that," I smugly said.

I was still thirsty and tried taking another sip of my coke, but then realized I had none left. "Dammit." I muttered. I must've downed it all after the big mac- after all, it had made my mouth a bit dry. 

"Have some of mine," Zayn offered and slid his drink towards me. Perrie was so lucky. Even if they weren't together, she got such a sweet guy to fake it with. Whoever ended up with this guy would be such a lucky girl, whether it was Perrie or some girl that I hadn't met yet. 

I took it from him. "Thanks," I smiled and took a sip out of the drink. I sighed as the cool liquid ran down my throat. God that was good. 

"Are you still hungry? Because I can't finish these fries alone," Zayn said, pointing down at the fries in front of him. He still had at least half of them left. Was he not hungry at all? Or maybe he was trying to make me feel really fat... But then again...

"I might still have some room left," I smirked.

I was still hungry.

Soon there was only one fry left. Zayn looked at the fry and then back at me. I did the same. This was a major conflict. Yes, it was just over a single french fry, but maybe it was just me and him wanting to challenge each other for one single fry. Why? Because we were both weird and delusional since it was so late at night. But the real question was:

Who was going to get it?

Hell, it better be me. We both reached for it at the same time in a hurry, wanting that one fry for ourselves. Our fingers touched. I pulled my hand back immediately, even if it meant surrendering the food. It was a weird feeling I had. It made my stomach feel funny and my fingers start to tingle. I shook all thoughts out. No, there was just no way that this was happening.