Chapter 8: I'm Not Recognized

Chapter 8:

I almost forgot where I was when I awoke in the morning. I blinked once. Then twice, before I could process where I was. The sunlight streamed through the thin white curtains of the yacht's bedroom. Then I realized something.

I couldn't get up.

I slowly glanced over to see a tan boy sleeping beside me. His mouth was slightly open as he softly snored. His tan arm was draped over my waist.

I remembered what Perrie told me though. He was a heavy sleeper and wouldn't be getting up for a while. I removed his arm from my body and shivered as my feet made contact with the cold ground. I quickly tied my blonde hair into a messy bun and made my way to the living room.

What to do...What to do...

Zayn wasn't awake. What else was I supposed to do? Sit on the couch and pig out on ice cream? Walk around the yacht and possibly falling out of it because I'm an extremely clumsy person?

I guess I could attempt to wake Zayn up. Perrie told me that every time she tried to wake him, she always failed.

But, I'm not her.

I made my way back to the bedroom and got a pair of socks to slide over my cold feet. I stared at Zayn's face for a while. Perrie was one lucky girl, even if their relationship was fake. Now how will I wake him?

"Zayn." I poked his arm. He grunted and turned into the other direction. His legs were getting entangled with the sheets.

"Zayn." I tried again and this time poking his face. He in return, swatted my hand like it was a fly. Zayn then lay face down against his pillow with one arm dangling off the bed.

I groaned in frustration. "ZAYN!" I screamed.

"No Mum! Five more minutes...I don't wanna audition today for the X-Factor...Maybe next year..." Zayn said as he sleeped. Aw, he was dreaming about when he auditioned for the X-Factor back in 2010.

Zayn flipped over so he was just lying flat on his back. In a last attempt to wake up Zayn, I remembered last night and I kissed him on the lips.

And guess what? It worked. Zayn's eyes opened automatically and I detached my lips from his. I bit my lip in embarassment, but I got him to wake up when Perrie couldn't.

One for Penelope!

"Am I dreaming?" Zayn murmured as he blinked a few times and rubbed his eyes.

I laughed. "No doofus." I swatted the back of his head. "You're awake. And to think, that's all it took to wake you up. I was starting to think it was impossible!"

Zayn licked his lips then looked up at me. "What chapstick do you use? My lips taste like strawberries."

I blushed feriously. "The flavor is cherry but good guess."

"Why are you waking me up so early?" Zayn groaned and looked at his watch. "It's eleven!"

"Zayny," I whined like a child who was told to go do homework, "I'm bored!"

"Okay." Zayn said and got up. I guess that was all it took him. Then I realized that he had gone to bed shirtless...and only with boxers.

Oh dear. Was I drunk when I went to bed last night? I was probably too exhausted to notice...I would never let a guy get in a bed with me half naked!

Would Perrie? Was that the right thing to do?

Zayn would surely find out that I'm not Perrie soon enough. He'll realize I'm false. I'm a fake. And he'll hate me.