Chapter 20: I'm Not Going To That Concert

• Dedicated to Sophia!

Hey guys! My cousin @Alex2Infinity is on wattpad and writes books about like badass girls so you should go check it out...For me? *insert Adriana's puppy face* but I'd really appreciate if you fan and read her stuff. Unlike some stuff on here, it's about a bad girl, not the bad boy ;) Trust me, it's actually not bad and this is coming from a picky reader here! So to the chapter...

Chapter 20:

Six months later...

"God, I'm so nervous!" I grinned from ear to ear as I held on to my co-star's hand so tightly, I was actually afraid I'd cut off her circulation. Today was the premiere of my very first television show and I was excited beyond words.

Perrie had really put good words in because I had gotten a job after nearly a month and a half. Maybe I wasn't really the first choice, but I had gotten the lead in a new television show that was really desperate for a lead girl. The first three girls had dropped out after getting better deals, but I was new. I wouldn't get any new deals. The company took a big risk, but from what had gone on in the past months, they were glad they took the chance. 

"You did great Pen," Kylie, my co-star and also the actress that my foster sister, said to me. Her grin was as big as mine because she too, was excited.

The television show wasn't actually bad. The plot was about a girl who was lost and broken. At a young age of seven, she was torn away from her mother since her mother was an alcoholic. Nevertheless, the girl loved her mother. After eleven years of jumping from foster home to foster home, she goes on a search for her mother. It brings in complications which include her father, a brother she never knew she had, and a boy. The producer was still developing a little, but the first episode was being shown today. 

"What if it sucks?" I suddenly asked. "People are gonna hate it. I'm so bad!"

"When people figure out that you're actually British, they'll love you...mainly because of the accent. A lot of people really like it!" Kylie said. 

We weren't in the studio, but we were in Kylie's flat...or apartment as they called it here in America. We sat in front of her TV with drinks, tainted with a bit of alcohol, in front of us. I wasn't twenty-one yet, but Kylie had an older brother that just brought around the drinks.

"Three minutes," Kylie said, "Sheesh, I've never been this nervous..."

"First show. First show. I. Am. So. Nervous." I said, pausing after nearly every single word I uttered. Perrie was back in England and told me to send the link of the episode to her once it was on the Internet. She too was very excited for me.

Unfortunately, the last time I heard from Zayn was nearly six months ago and I was in no mood to think of him. I was so happy right now and there was no guy that was going to bring me down...well except for the producer if he cut me from the show. Tomas was really nice though and told me he was glad that I had been selected as the lead actress.

"IT'S TIME!" Kylie squealed and almost threw her popcorn in the air. 

I was glad to finally have friends. All my co-stars were my friends, but Kylie was by far my closest. We acted like best friends and did nearly everything with each other. I now knew how it felt to have a friend besides my sister and I absolutely loved it. 

Kylie bit her lip and twisted a strand of her auburn hair around her finger. Her leg was shaking and her eyes were wide as the intro of the show began. 

It began with a scene of a small quaint house and police men surrounding it. Out came a little girl with blonde ringlets and a woman in her late twenties with gaunt eyes and a skinny, almost skeletal, figure.