Chapter 22: I'm Not Forgiving Her

Wattpad deleted three pages off of this chapter so I had to delete it and redo it. GAAAAAAHHH :/

Chapter 22:

"I'll have a vanilla bean frap please," I told the cashier at the Starbucks counter. She nodded and looked up at me. Her eyes widened and she covered her mouth with her hand.  

"Aren't you the British actress on the new TV show? I saw it a few days ago...Penelope Edwards am I right?"  

I was surprised that she even noticed. I didn't think the show would get many viewers and I hadn't bothered with the producer to see how it was going.  

"Erm...yes."  

"C-can I have an autograph? On this napkin?" She shoved a napkin and a pen my way and she looked as if she were about to faint. Was this how people really acted around people on television? I knew Zayn was famous and all, but he was in the biggest boyband in the world right now. I just started off my career and I didn't think I'd have any fame right now. It was shocking actually. 

"I- sure." I hesitantly took the napkin and pen from the woman and signed my name on it. She thanked me too many times to count.  

I left Starbucks with my coffee. I walked the streets alone. It was my day off as well as a Sunday. Kylie went to Church with her family and didn't have time to spend with me. We were together the other six days of the week so I understood.  

I knew how important family time was and she was just lucky to have her family where she worked. I had a sister who went on tours at least once a year and parents in South Shields. I was in a whole other country.  

Unlike England, the sun was shining bright outside. The sky was clear and bluer than ever before. I realized that I was more of a sunny Cali girl rather than an England one. I relished the sun and the warmth. The beaches were beautiful as well including the fit tan guys. I mean come on. Their abs... 

I took a sip of my frap as my phone started ringing. It was another one of Little Mix's songs, How Ya Doin'?  

"Hello?" I said, not even bothering to check who it really was.  

"Hey Penelope," a familiar voice said.  

"Liam?" I asked. I stopped in my tracks in the middle of the sidewalk, clutching my drink until I was afraid that the plastic would break and that it would spill all over my top.  

"Yeah," he said, "I was just wondering if you were free today. We're still in Los Angeles for a bit and I'd love for the six of us to hang out a bit before we leave for the next city. This is our little break here." 

"Six," I said. Zayn.  

"If you're worried about Zayn-" 

"Liam, he hates me." 

"He doesn't hate you. He's just being really stupid and he's in denial. You don't even have to talk to him at all. We just wanted to hang out with you while we're still in town. Do this for the other four of us, not Zayn alright?" Liam explained. "Trust me, it'll be fun." 

"I don't-" 

"C'mon. We're just in Los Angeles for tonight and tomorrow morning we're gone. You left the other day before any of us could have a chance to catch up with you!" 

"Alright, I'll be there alright? Just text me the details and I'll be there." 

"Great! See you later Pen." 

"Bye Liam..." 

I continued walking down the street, pausing every now and then to look into a store window. There were some shoes and dresses on display, but I enjoyed looking into the jewelry stores the most. I loved the way the diamond engagement rings sparkled and I always was wondering when I'd ever get one.