Chapter 6: I'm Not Wearing A Life Vest

Chapter 6:

It has been a week and he hasn't suspected a thing. Well maybe he has, but I'm pretty sure he hasn't come to the conclusion that I'm not really Perrie and the real Perrie is out somewhere on an island tanning in the sun. 

Perrie hasn't even been online for Skype in a week and it's worrying me, but she has been sending me emails that she's fine. I'm not particularly sure how much longer I can handle being Perrie. Over the past week, I had learned a lot of things. Eleanor and I have been talking a lot and it seems like I'm settling into the role of Perrie Edwards. 

I checked my laptop once more and sighed. No sign of Perrie again. 

I just wanted to talk to Perrie. I wanted to talk to someone from my life as Penelope Edwards. I couldn't very well call my mother because she'd ask where Perrie was and she'd make me put her on the line. Mom knew Perrie better than anyone so I wouldn't be fooling her at all. What mother doesn't know her own child. Sure she's mistaken us a lot, but that's because we are identical. Once she heard a few sentences out of us, she'd immediately know the difference between us two. 

I turned around to go get some food to eat from the kitchen, but my phone decided to ring. It was on the other side of the room and I wanted nothing more than to let it ring on and on. But it started to annoy me so I picked up. 

"Hello?" I snapped. I hadn't even checked the caller ID so if it was either Mom or Dad, I'll probably be grounded. Even if I am legally an adult at nineteen years old. 

"Why so snappy today babe?" Zayn chuckled. I immediately relaxed. There was something about Zayn's voice that made me relax. I guess it was his carefree ways that made me smile or the way he was always so goofy around me. It was great that he was absolutely unfazed by my snappy tone of voice. Most people would return the bad attitude with a bad attitude. Zayn just...put up with me which most people didn't. 

"Sorry, just haven't heard from an old friend for a while. It's just kind of bugging me." I said. It was truthful since Perrie was an old friend. We've known each other for the past nineteen years and adding the nine months we were stuck in Mom's stomach together. So technically, I wasn't lying which I have been for a long time now. 

"Oh," Zayn said, "I was just wondering if you would like to join me for dinner tonight. Seven o' clock. Just you and me." It was about five right now.

"Sure!" I said. "Where?"

"I'll surprise you sweetheart." Zayn said. I could almost see him winking at me if he were really here. 

"What should I wear? You have to be specific too." I said. 

"Formal...Just don't overdo it."

"That's not specific stupid." I chuckled. 

"Fine...formal as in a nice dress, but don't overdo it like putting on a ball gown and gloves and stuff like that." Zayn answered. "But even if you dress up lik a hobo, I'd still think you look beautiful." I was extremely lucky he couldn't see how red my cheeks really were. 

"Okay. See you soon babe." I said. 

"See you." Zayn replied before the line went dead. 

***

I absolutely adored Perrie's collection of clothing. I enveyed it really. I'm not really one to dress up. I'm actually more of a tom boy, but after laying eyes on Perrie's closet, the girly girl in me was brought out. That was good since Perrie was a girly girl. It added to me acting more like her. 

The dress I chose was a cobalt blue high low dress. A thin gold belt circled my waist. I had chosen a pair of gold platform shoes to wear too. 

Dangling from my ears were a pair of beautiful gold earrings and a pretty chunky bracelet adorned my wrist.