Chapter 26: I'm Not The Best With Dates

• Dedicated to Angela!!!!

Chapter 26:

Zayn's P.O.V.

I glared out the window, looking out at the pouring rain pattering against my window. It had been raining for three days straight now and the dreary weather just added to my mood. The sky outside was dark and gray with no signs of any light coming through the fogging window. It was only eleven in the morning, but it looked a lot like nine at night though. 

The great thing, in my eyes anyways, was that the TV still worked when there was nothing else to do. There was no way I was going to actually go outside in this weather. Usually when I looked out at the streets below me, there were many people walking the streets usually with shopping bags or just for the walk. Now, there were only a few people, running for shelter covering their heads with anything they had in an futal attempt to not be wet. 

I wasn't really listening to what was going on the TV since the shows weren't all that great. The news was all cluttered with how the streets were flooding like never before and how winds were extremely strong. But finally, I landed on some random gossip show, anxious to see if there were any new crazy rumors of One Direction. 

Apparently, I died once.

"Latest news in the celebrity world!" The host said...her name was Melissa I think. I've seen this once or twice before, but her name was Melissa...I was pretty sure anyways. 

"So we all know who Perrie Edwards is right? The Little Mix member apparently has a twin sister? Who knew?" Melissa chirped.

I rolled my eyes. "I knew," I scoffed.

"Penelope Edwards is in America and working as an actress. The Edwards girls are quite the theatrical pair aren't they? Now the Zayn Malik of One Direction and Perrie Edwards breakup was just tragic, but we've got a new Edwards girl to fan over. Recently, Penelope Edwards has been spotted with her new co-star Carter Ridgewood, and not only in the studio. The two have been getting a little cozy..."

A picture showed up of this Carter figure. "Someone needs a haircut," I commented, "seriously, who keeps their hair that long besides Harry."

"The two have been spotted at a restaurant near the studio they work at over dinner. More pictures have surfaced of the pair in the studio holding hands and we've even got one of Carter giving Pen a kiss on the cheek! Isn't that sweet?"

"I wanna vomit." Sure enough, pictures surfaced behind Melissa. They were mostly blurry, but I could still make out Penelope's familar face as well as the other guy. The two were laughing as they ate dinner and in another one, Carter's lips were pressed onto Penelope's cheek. Each of them made my stomach lurch.

"More on Carter and Penelope later!" That's the last thing I heard before I shut off the TV. She was in a relationship already? That fast? There was no real confirmation of the two being together, but after all that, it seemed like it. 

There was a crack of thunder, lightning struck outside my window, and the lights went out.

Just my luck.

Penelope's P.O.V.

"He really asked you on a date?" Kylie asked with wide eyes. 

I nodded.

"Oh my gosh, please tell me that weird brain of yours changed for like a second and said yes? You can't just pass an oppurtunity like that. God, I hate you. He's a sex god," Kylie gushed.

"Whoa there..." I chuckled, "If I said yes would you kill me?"

"YOU SAID YES?"

"So would you kill me?" I repeated.