Chapter 24: I'm Not Feisty

Chapter 24:

*One week later*

"Penelope, this is Carter Ridgewood, the person who will be playing your love interest later on. Still working on that a bit, tweeking it here and there. Carter, this is the lovely Penelope Edwards," Tomas, our producer, introduced us both.

I had just finished shooting the finishing scene for the third episode so Tomas popped up and introuced me to Carter, who I had to admit wasn't that bad looking. His hair wasn't like Zayn's, on the contrary actually. His was sandy blonde, slightly long but not enough to be considered a 'surfer dude' but it was long nonetheless. His eyes differed from Zayn's as well, green like the grass on a fresh spring day. I noticed he had no tattoos and he was slightly more built than Zayn.

I kept comparing him to Zayn. It had been a week and I was still hung up on him. I didn't even know where he was since none of the boys had actually contacted me since they left. Well, except for Liam who had texted me that they had landed in London safely.

"Nice to meet you," I told Carter and shook hands with him.

"British?"

"Yes," I replied, "is there a problem?"

"No," Carter cleared his throat, "just surprised is all."

"Well," I said, glancing at my watch, "it's nearing nine and I haven't had dinner yet so I got to go, unless you'd like to join me or something."

I only invited him to be nice, but I had expected him to decline and say he had other plans since people that looked like him usually did have other plans. I actually expected him to tell me that he was about to clubbing with a few of his buddies, but he didn't.

"Yeah, sure," he nodded, "maybe we can get to know each other before we start kissing or something on the screen eh?"

"I guess that's good," I said, "give me your phone number and I'll text you the place."

"Already asking for my phone number? Are all British people this forward? If they are, I'm so moving to England."

"Unless you'd like to be stranded, I suggest you give me your number."

"Alright, feisty British girl."

"Is that your new nickname for me or something?" I jutted my hip out and placed my hand on it. I looked at him questioningly with an eyebrow slightly raised up.

"Well no," Carter shrugged, "but that's a great suggestion." He handed me a slip of paper, "My number," he clarified.

"Okay, I'll text you the details."

"That'd be nice, British girl."

***

"Italian your favorite food?" He asked, making an easy conversation as we scanned over our menus. I loved to have Italian food at this little secluded restaurant near the studio, but away from the public's eye. It was my favorite place to go when it was a late night. It wasn't really crowded around nine thirty and that was what I enjoyed most about it. Los Angeles was a large city and finding a restaurant that didn't have many people in it was a rarity.

"Sometimes, I guess I like pizza if you would like to count that."

"My favorite food is Chinese. Don't know why, but I find it absolutely delicious. I grew up in San Fransisco and Chinatown there has the best food ever."

"Mmhmm," I mumbled, not exactly paying attention to what he was really saying. To me, it really didn't matter. Sure, a dinner would be good since in a couple of weeks or something, we'd be liplocking in front of people watching. Embarassing? I think yes.