Chapter 25: I'm Not Eating Dinner With You

Chapter 25:

"God, he's attractive," Kylie gushed as we headed out for our lunch break. We had an hour to eat so I was tugging her to get her to move, but unfortunately, her eyes were transfixed on a certain co-star. She had her eye on him for the past hour or so- maybe it was less, but it seemed like an hour.

"He's so annoying," I rolled my eyes. Carter had caught us looking and winked at me. That bastard. For the past week, I've been giving him signs that I wasn't interested, but he clung to me like an infection. Not the good kind, but there wasn't such thing as a good infection was there?

Well except for One Direction infection, but I wouldn't call that one a good one either. It was basically wishing you could meet your idols and never being able to because they were so famous...and you weren't.

"But he's so so freaking hot," Kylie groaned, "and if you look past his horrible demeanor... Why do all the hot guys have to be either gay or jerks?" The weird thing was that it was true. 

"It's how life works," I sighed, "but would you rather have Carter or Niall Horan? Hm? I'm pretty sure I already know the answer to this one." 

"Oh my god Pen! I can't believe you're asking me that. Isn't is easy? If I had a chance with Niall James Horan, I would certainly take it. Too bad he just has to live in another country." Kylie then went on a rant about how unfair it was that long distance relationships never worked and how she hated the fact that she'd never have a chance to date Niall.

That conversation went on from the car ride, through lunch, and back to the studio. She only stopped talking when she needed to like when she was taking bites of food or sipping water or taking a breath of air because she had talked on and on for so long.

"Thirty six seconds late," Tomas reported as Kylie and I walked in. I rolled my eyes, knowing that Tomas always joked with us on these kinds of issues. "We're starting alright? And get ready Pen, that kissing scene will pop up before you know it." 

I could hear Kylie squealing all over again, wishing she could have the chance to kiss the 'oh so gorgeous Carter Ridgewood' and it wasn't just her. Any girl from the age of sixteen to twenty were swooning over Carter.

All except for me. 

Another long day of shooting went by before I could go home at nine. I grabbed my bag and checked my phone for messages, seeing a couple.

From Louis:

I miss LA, too cold in London

From Liam: 

How've you been?

From Niall:

Not really sure how you're survivng without Nando's.

From Harry:

LA treating you well?

From Perrie:

Miss you Pen :( Regretting that I helped you move to another country!

Still no message from Zayn, not that I was really surprised. Maybe I just had this little flicker of hope igniting inside me, a little flicker of hope that he'd finally say something to me. But today wasn't the day that he'd contact me. I set my phone back into my bag, not bothering to answer any of the messages besides Perrie, who'd fly across the ocean and demand why I wasn't answering her text.

"Hey Pen," Carter called. I groaned and turned around to see Carter walking up to me. "You left your car keys." He handed me my car keys and it had me wondering... Why did he know what car I was driving?