Chapter 21 Encounter

No one's POV

Finn: I'm changing our formation! Aiz, move to the vanguard!

Finn ordered immediately after Gareth and Asuna dropped down the hole to save Lefiya

Finn ordered immediately after Gareth and Asuna dropped down the hole to save Lefiya. The two groups are now separated, Finn and the others in the main party began making their way through the 52nd floor, taking out swarms of monsters along the way.

Finn: Raul and the others will stay in the middle and support Aiz! Riveria, cover our rear!

Raul: G-Got it!

Riveria: Understood.

Finn flourished his Durandal spear as he sprinted alongside them, backing up Aiz on point and attacking everything beyond the reach of her sword. Quickly ordering the emergency change in formation from his spot on the midline, he used his cultivated leadership to propel the party continuously forwards.

Finn: Tsubaki, I'll have to borrow your strength.

Tsubaki: Leave it to me.

Tsubaki nodded in response. She slid her 'taichi' from its scabbard in a flash, bisecting a nearby monster and joining Finn in supporting Aiz from the midline. Aiz led the way with Raul and the other three supporters directly behind her. Finn and Tsubaki guarded the group on its sides while Riveria protected them from the rear. The supporters now forming the center of the party, they upped their pace to race down the tunnels of the 52nd floor even faster than before.

Finn: Don't stop running!

Riveria: Finn, nine enemies ahead!

An array of atrocious monsters blocked their path. Venom scorpions, thunder snakes, silver worms, the threats of this monsters was so clearly different from that of the previous floors, it was as through they'd passed some kind of invisible line of demarcation.

Finn: We'll go past them! Go, Aiz!

Following Finn's carefully calculated shortest route, Aiz shot forward. The roars of the incoming monsters blasting from all sides, she responded with a scream of her own.

Aiz: Awaken, Tempest!!