Arc 2 Chapter 24 Rest Time

No one's POV

A week has passed since the battle with the corrupted spirit. The Loki and Hephaestus Familia were at the 18th floor under resort. After that battle on the 59th floor, they encountered poison vermis on their way back to the surface. They spit out lethal poison and they encountered monster party of them.

Though they were exhausted, they succeeded in escaping. Nevertheless, a number of the Loki Familia members were affected by the poison. Once they reached the 18th floor, they set up camp and proceed to take care of the wounded members.

Finn: We encountered nothing but problems all the way to the end.

Finn sighed in spite of himself. The injured adventurers and smiths were splayed out in the grass beneath the trees or inside their tents with the flaps pulled back so the breeze could pass through. Men, women, humans, demi-humans—every victim was covered in a cold sweat, purple lesions dotting their skin. Guttural moans of agony permeated the air. Finn, Riveria, Asuna, and Gareth looked out over the sordid scene from their spot beside the main tent.

Riveria: Everyone with lower than a G in resistance has been immobilized...

Asuna: Even the high smiths have been downed—everyone besides Tsubaki, that is. As expected, that poison is no joke.

Gareth: The Dungeon is an unforgivin' mistress, after all...Hoped she'd go easy on us this time.

Asuna's, Riveria's and Gareth's words were heavy as they conversed, no doubt the decisive battle in the unexplored frontier still weighing on their minds. This poison-vermis attack had further rubbed salt in their wounds. Nearly all the lower-level members, supporters included, had succumbed to vermis poisoning. With more than a third of the entire expedition affected, they wouldn't be leaving there anytime soon. Finn and the others had no choice but to settle everyone in for a large- scale rest.

 Finn and the others had no choice but to settle everyone in for a large- scale rest

Finn: How goes the treatment, Asuna?

Asuna: We're treating those with the worst condition first, but don't expect to much. I am the only mage capable with a high healing ability. But not even my magic could completely heal all those poison.

Asuna lowered her eyes to her Mind-fatigued body. She could feel her power returning bit by bit thanks to her Regen ability, but it was still far from adequate, and she closed her eyes with regret.

Riveria: To make things worse, its a poison vermis's poison. The only thing that was able to cure it out using special medicine, was [Dea Saint], Dian Cecth Familia, Amid Teasanare's high level healing magic.

Finn: Hmm... I guess all we can do is wait for Bete.

While everyone had rushed to set up camp and care for the injured the night before—or at least during what passed for "night" within the Dungeon —Finn had instructed Bete to continue on to the surface and purchase the antivenin from one of the stores in Orario. Bete was easily one of the the fastest runner in the familia with Asuna as the current fastest. Skill effects included, his speed surpassed even that of Finn and every other higher-level adventurer in Loki Familia (though just barely). While he still couldn't compare to Aiz when she activated Airiel, what with the distance involved and the battle- weary condition of the party as a whole, someone with reliable swiftness and endurance was necessary, making Bete the perfect one for the task.