(Melen Arc) Chapter 32 Rank Up

No one's POV

Loki Familia's expedition party had returned to Twilight Manor. They'd collapsed into their beds and slept soundly their first night back, and their lips curled into smiles as they awoke to the light of the surface. They were home—free from the chill dark and far from the unceasing howls of monsters.

A certain elven maiden squinted her azure eyes as she peered through her window at the sun. Outside in the courtyard, two adventurers, one a golden-haired, golden-eyed swordswoman, and the other a blue-haired, blue-eyed swordswoman, had awoken for their early morning duel regimen, already hours into their routine as they lost themselves in the fragrant breeze and clear blue sky.

The late risers trickled out of their rooms one by one, eager to sate their appetites with the bread, hot soup, fried eggs, and meats they'd been deprived of for so long. The warm sunlight, the good weather, the fresh foods—all the pleasures of the surface they'd previously taken for granted soothed their weary bodies.
Before long, the manor was as lively as ever.

Loki: All righty, then! I know we've got plenty of things to deal with...but how's about we start off with yer Status updates, yeah?

Loki announced her intentions amid all the renewed hustle and bustle. And so, while the familia members who'd stayed behind were busy with organizing the resources, equipment, and spoils of war from the expedition— a task they'd been busy with since the night prior—the party members formed a long, snaking line leading to Loki's chambers on the top floor of the manor's central tower. Given how easy it had been for their Statuses to develop during the expedition, nearly everyone had to pay the goddess a visit, which meant there was no way to get through the whole throng on the same night they returned. Even Aiz had spent the evening merely resting, waiting until the next day to take her turn.

Updating the Statuses of more than thirty adventurers was no easy task, but Loki hopped to excitedly, as prompt and efficient as ever. It was during this time that—

Tiona: Level Six!! I caught up to Aiz!!

Bete: Finally! Heh-HEH!

Tiona's and Bete's exclamations echoed throughout the tower. Both of them had leveled up. The high-grade excelia they'd obtained after their decisive battle in the Frontier had been enough to bump them from Level 5 to Level 6. Just as the phrase implied, leveling up involved pushing their Status past its current limit to reach even greater heights in terms of skills and abilities.

Tiona clutched in her hands the updated parchment she'd received from Loki, grinning as she jumped and skipped about. Even Bete cracked a smile for once, not caring who was watching as he let out a howl.

Aki: Guess there's no point in even asking you, hmm, Tione?

Tione: Heh. Well, you know. Anyway, what about you guys? Aki? Elfy?

Tione asked the question while she tried her best to keep her own excitement in check after leveling up just like her sister.

Aki:What does this face look like...

Elfy: We still have ways to go, it seems. Apparently, Raul, Cruz, and Alicia are still Level 4 too. Lefiya still hasn't even returned from Loki's room... I wonder how it went?

The catgirl and human responded with strained laughs, their shoulders slumped. It would seem Loki Familia's alternates were stuck at Level 4, if Raul's drooping head was any indication.

Tiona: Hey, Aiz! Look, look! Level Six!

Aiz: Mmn...congratulations, Tiona.

Tiona: Eh-heh-heh...I told ya I wasn't gonna lose to you! Better watch out or I'll blow right past ya!