Chapter 23 (Arc 1 finale) A Single Light

No one's POV

Light swirled around them in a raging vortex towards the ghostly vessel at its center. 200 meter. That was all that remained between them and the corrupted spirit still greedily devouring magic power, and they made a beeline towards her, weapon flashing. They moved like the wind. A thunderous howl rose up to meet them the moment they clashed with the massive army of monsters.

Finn: Gather your strength, Aiz! Give it all you've got! Finish it in one strike! Everyone else protect Aiz!

One strike. They were betting everything on a single strike. Finn knew that against an enemy who had countless methods of attacks and defenses like fortress, any chance they could finagle would be momentary at best. Aiz need to save up her power, and he and the other first tiers needed to get her next to that thing at all cost, even if it meant a few sacrifices along the way. They'd use every ounce of their power to cut a way through the teeming mass and guide Aiz towards the corrupted spirit.

Aiz: Awaken, Tempest!!

The flowing armor of wind quickly encircled her body. The rest of the party changed formation, moving Aiz and her winds of enchantment to the center and placing Finn at the head of the form an arrowhead shape. A silver bolt to pierce the heart of that creature.

Finn: Lefiya, start concurrent chanting! I'll let you decide which magic to use!

Lefiya: Understood!

And then Finn himself began to chant.

Finn: Magic spear, penetrate my forehead that offers blood.

The ultrashort chant on his lips as he ran, his left hand was quickly dyed a deep bloodred as it amassed magic power. He closed his eyes and pressed his thumb, now a brilliant red, against his forehead like a sharpened point of his spear. The moment it touched, the glowing magic power rushed inside him.

 The moment it touched, the glowing magic power rushed inside him

Finn: Hell Finegas!!

Finn's emerald eyes burst open, now stained a murderous shade of crimson.

Finn: HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!

The usually taciturn pallum leader screamed with all the strength and savagery of a feral warrior. Hell Finegas was Finn's spell for bolstering fighting spirit. It gave him a lust for battle, drawing out a bloodthirsty passion from deep within him while greatly boosting his abilities. At the same time, however, it greatly reduced his rational thoughts processes.

Finn was done giving orders. Aiz and the others realized that all too well the moment they saw their leader transform into that barbaric soldiers. Everything now was to get Aiz to that spirit, which meant prioritizing abilities over orders. From here on out, each one of them would be giving their own commands. Tiona, Tione, Bete and Lefiya silently adjusted their grip on their weapons. Finn flung himself all alone into the incoming monsters swarm as the great slaughter began.