(Death Maze Finale) Chapter 51 To be Yearned After

No one's POV

Sora: Switch the ones who are carrying the wounded! Leave the fighting to Bete, Tiona, and Tione as much as possible! Focus on fending off the enemy!

Sora and the Loki Familia were still running towards the exit that Lefiya had found. Remilia and Claire were at a critical condition with both of them barely conscious and were being carried by those who could still moved.

Remilia: Aki... S-Sorry... I can't... Run...

Aki: Don't force yourself to talk!

Sora: Asuna! Is the healing working?

Asuna: Not good! She's cured of the poison, but she has lost too much blood!

Filvis: Dio Thyrsos!

Spindles of lightning crackled out of Filvis's wand to incinerate the group of monsters in front of them only a second before the cacophony of footsteps raced down the now-empty passageway toward the surface.

Aki: Aren't we there yet, Lefiya?

Aki called out, supporting one of her injured companions on her shoulder.

Lefiya: Not much more! It should be...just a little bit farther...!

Lefiya asserted, feeling a trickle of sweat dribble down her temple, probably due to the anxiety she felt. The party had just about reached its limit, what with the myriad monster and assassin attacks. The frantic desperation of their relentless pursuit seemed almost like a last-ditch attempt to stop them.

Aki: The doors don't seem to be closing anymore. A little weird after the way they were constantly opening and closing before...!

Aki noted as she blocked an incoming attack with her buckler.

Raul: Makes it seem like our enemy's run into somethin' unplanned, too... Whuuaagh!!

Raul fended off the enemy with his longsword, gasping for air along with his comrade. True enough, none of the enemies appearing before them seemed to be using one of those "keys," almost as though they feared losing them more than anything else. The cause of this was completely unknown to Raul, Aki, and the rest—that the demi-spirit was causing massive damage to Knossos, and Barca was subsequently pitching a fit. With the single brain capable of operating Knossos's doors down for the count, it made their remote control operation essentially impossible.

Those attacking them now were the rest of the Evils, who were doing everything they could to stop Loki Familia from escaping, though they didn't have the labyrinth's full blessing.

Sora: Aki, Raul, which of the remaining member that are not here yet?!

Aki: The member from Gareth's squad who didn't return are, Lloyd, Karlos, Ange, Liza, Runi, and Line!!

Sora: Then we'll split up here! Bete, Aiz, Asuna, Aki, Nick, Nichole, Shifon, Cruz, Koko! You guys are with me to search the remaining! Gareth, Tiona, Tione, and Lefiya, you guys we'll lead outside and deal with the healing!