(Xenos) Chapter 71 Counter Attack

No one's POV

Daedalus Street came alive. The hidden armed monsters raised a war cry and began their charge. Loki Familia intercepted them. An unprecedented clash began, centered around the Labyrinth District's western side.

The other adventurers kept out of the loop couldn't grasp the situation, left behind by the flow of events and contributing to spreading confusion and uproar among the people

Filvis: Has Lefiya disappeared...?

Filvis was moving alone through the district. As the sounds of combat boomed out from the west, a number of residents stood still as others ran around in circles like insects entranced by a light. Filvis alone kept her cool and took in her surroundings. Instead of heading for the western battlefront, she observed the Loki Familia formation closely.

Their factions had formed an alliance, and she had some knowledge of the events transpiring on Daedalus Street. From that, she knew that observing Loki Familia's camp was a more effective method of determining the sequence of events. As the situation changed from moment to moment, their movements gave the best indication of how to track the armed monsters.

On top of that, Filvis was prioritizing the safety of her kind, foolhardy fellow elf. If she couldn't make sure that Lefiya hadn't rushed into danger, she wouldn't feel comfortable enough to carry out her original task. She leaped up to a rooftop without a sound.

Filvis(mind):...? Loki Familia is...

Looking down from above, Filvis noticed that amid all the bustle from the crowd of adventurers, Loki Familia's followers were standing frozen in place. They were leaning together, saying something to one another, and then their expressions changed when they left the location. As she watched silently, Filvis kicked off the edge of the roof.

Filvis: Hey, what happened?

Stark: Wah?! Oh, Maenad, it's you...

The guy from Loki Familia was shocked to see her but lowered his guard when he realized she was part of the alliance between familias.

Stark: The armed monsters were confirmed in the east. The uproar in the west is a decoy.

Filvis: !

Stark: Apparently, the group protecting things over there was wiped out...along with some other adventurers. That red juggernaut is connected to it! If they get underground at this rate, things are gonna be bad!

It was the work of the stray armed monster. That seemed to be the best guess. And at the same time, the perimeter in the east had been stretched thin. He explained the situation as they made their way. Filvis was astonished and held her tongue. If they didn't hurry, the monsters would slip out of their grasp while still in possession of the key.

Stark: Please help us out!

Filvis:...Got it.

Filvis nodded in response to the stressed adventurer, setting aside her concerns about Lefiya for the moment.