(Melen Arc Finale) Chapter 42 Blue Sky

No one's POV

A battle to the death intensified, far away atop its ship out at sea.

Tiona: HrrrruuuaaaaAAAGH!!

Tione roared, all her rage and all her fury sending her fist into Argana's abdomen

Tione roared, all her rage and all her fury sending her fist into Argana's abdomen. The force sent a waterfall of blood down Argana's chin.

Argana: Guh-guaagh...ha-ha, ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!! You're still...growing stronger...are you, Tione?!

Tione: I thought I told you to shut up!!

The sight of all that blood, the sound of Argana's vicious laughter—it only served to spur Tione on further. It didn't matter how much of her own life Argana's strikes had already carved away. It didn't matter how much blood came bubbling out between Argana's lips. Tione couldn't stop; her fists, her feet—all stained red—just kept flying.

Relentlessly, mercilessly, she threw blow after blow, the aura of vibrant red air around her darkening as her every strike sought to rend the other Amazon limb from limb.

Argana had her curse. But Tione had her skill. And Argana was forced to admit that these two weren't exactly the most compatible of abilities. As her own defenses took a sharp decline, Tione's attack power only climbed and climbed.

One strike. One strike was all it would take. Tione was becoming the sword that would behead the snake. While there were any number of ways Tione could have overpowered the other Amazon using her technique and skills, she forgot all of them—simply railing on her again and again, her entire mind, her entire being focused on wringing the very life from Argana's body. And with every punch, more and more blood came spurting from Argana's mouth.

Argana took all of it, making no move to cancel her curse. Perhaps it was a sign of respect, perhaps a way of not turning her back on the battle at hand. So as not to dirty the sacred rites of her country. And Argana, who refused to put nothing but her best foot forward, was dying.

Argana: Are you going to kill me, Tione? Good!

She laughed, even now trembling with excitement, with a scorching pain.

Argana: My blood will become yours, and I shall live forever! Together with those I've already consumed! We shall arrive, all of us, at war's end!!

She was howling now, her state of mind practically no different from Kali's own.

Argana: We shall become...the strongest warrior!!

Tione: Shut up, shut up, SHUT UP!!!!!

Argana's words were like white noise to Tione's ears.

Tione: I'll defeat you. I'll kill you. With my own hands. I'll steal the life from your eyes!!!

 I'll steal the life from your eyes!!!