(Xenos) Chapter 61 Omen

No one's POV

Finn: We still haven't managed to find the key...

Someone let out in hushed tones, but it echoed through the office awfully loudly. The hands of the grandfather clock marked the evening hour in the corner of a room in the home of Loki Familia, Twilight Manor. As if to announce oncoming nightfall, the sky started to turn a faint crimson beyond the window. The others in the room—Riveria, Gareth, and Loki—met Finn's comment with silence. The "key" in question was a certain magic item: Daedalus's Orb, a jewel with the ability to open the doors of the man-made labyrinth, Knossos. Loki Familia was tracking the whereabouts of that orb using any means necessary.

Gareth: Tiona and the others have been looking, but nothing's come of it yet.

Riveria: We've found entrances to Knossos outside the city and inside the Dungeon. We're closing in, but...the enemy's holed up, as we expected. After Bete killed Valletta, they won't come out until the time is ripe.

The remnants of the underground force of Evilus and the creatures under the control of the corrupted spirits were hiding in Knossos—waiting for a chance to fulfill their ultimate objective of destroying Orario. And their goal wasn't nonsense or a deluded hope, especially now that they were using demi-spirits. Orario was in danger, clear and present. To stop the enemy and attack the impregnable labyrinth, Loki Familia needed the key to the orichalcum doors.

Loki: I thought I was on the right track, but...that sex addict of a goddess plays dumb whenever I try to talk to her. She won't hand over any damn information.

Added Loki in a voice steeped in disgust from her perch on the edge of a desk

Added Loki in a voice steeped in disgust from her perch on the edge of a desk. This was fresh on her mind, since Freya Familia had just wiped out Ishtar Familia, which had been connected to the Evilus' Remnants. And with the intel Bete had gotten from the former Ishtar Familia member Lena Tully, they knew Ishtar had been in the possession of a key, not one but two, but she'd already been sent back from whence she came. Loki sensed Freya was the one holding the "key"—literally and figuratively.

Loki: She just won't hand over any damn information. And not only that, we now that Ishtar had two keys on her possession. Tammuz was in possession of one. The remaining one was said to have dropped within the Pleasure Quartet. But we've found nothing. And that's why...

Riveria: We've asked Sora Yatagami about it.

Knowing that the swordsman was also looking for the key himself. Loki and Riveria had asked Sora for information when he was helping them fend off Orario against Rakia. But the boy only replied:

Sora: I don't have it.

It's impossible to lie to a god and Sora Yatagami was definitely not lying one bit. Sora had answered with resolute eyes and determination that he hadn't found a single key yet. That was probably because, Sora 'currently' doesn't have it with him.