(Ulfheoinn) Chapter 55 Memorial 2

No one's POV

Tiona: So...you got any idea of somethin' you mighta seen that looked a bit like a key?

Samira: Like I've been saying this whole damn time, I don't know!

It was later that day, and just around when the sun was beginning its descent toward the western horizon, Tiona was accosting one of her fellow Amazons in the city's Central Park.

Tiona: You're sure you don't have aaaaaaaany idea at all? C'mon, Salami! Do your fellow Amazon a solid, would ya?

Samira: My name is Samira! Not some food! Now you're just messing it up on purpose! And don't you try that with me. Amazon or not, you know the wants of Loki Familia are of no concern to me!

Shouted the cocoa-skinned Amazon with the short ashen hair, her speech decidedly masculine as she stormed off.

Tiona: Well, that could have gone better...

Tiona moaned, scratching her head at the ex–Ishtar Familia captain's rejection.

Tione: Any luck?...Though it looks like I don't even need to ask.

Tiona: Ah! Tione! How'd you do, huh?!

Tione: Horribly. But that's beside the point! Damn Freya Familia assholes. Dropped by their home with a letter from the captain but couldn't even get them to answer the door. A bunch of jerks—all of them!

Tiona: Well, our two familias have never really gotten along...

Finn had tasked the two sisters and the rest of their group with seeking out any information they could on the man-made labyrinth Knossos. While it made the most sense to question the former members of Ishtar Familia, they'd also hoped to make contact with Freya Familia, given how they were the ones who'd effectively wiped Ishtar Familia off the map.

Tiona and her group had come up with a grand total of nothing. Tione, meanwhile, hadn't fared much better, completely ignored by Freya and her cronies.

Tione: We were supposed to rendezvous back here with Aki and everyone, but...I'm guessing the results will be pretty much the same across the board.

Tiona: Pretty much, yeah...Huh? Ah, there's Lefiya!

Tiona suddenly exclaimed, bringing a hand up to wave at their stock-still companions a short distance away. It was the two elves—Lefiya and Alicia—the former of whom dashed straight over upon seeing the two sisters. But the look on her face said immediately that something was wrong.

Lefiya: M-Miss Tiona! Miss Tione!

Tiona: Huh? What's got you all worked up?

Lefiya: It...I-it seems that Elfie and the others recently caught sight of Mister Bete...!

Tione:...Yeah? And what of that damn werewolf, huh?

Just the mention of Bete's name was enough to put the two Amazons in a sour mood. Lefiya, however, couldn't keep the flustered tremble out of her voice as she continued.