(Death Maze) Chapter 46 Nightmare

No one's POV

Guuuwwwwaaaaaaarrrrrrrgggggghhh! The violas followed up with a thunderous roar of their own, signaling the battle's start. The members of Loki Familia readied their respective weapons before launching themselves at the incoming monsters.

 The members of Loki Familia readied their respective weapons before launching themselves at the incoming monsters

Finn(mind): That magic item Valletta used...is it the key to the orichalcum doors?...It certainly seemed like she was showing it to us on purpose.

As Finn took his place beside Bete and butchered one viola after another with his gold-tipped long spear, he glanced in the direction Valletta had just disappeared.

Finn: Bait, then, perhaps? To lure us into the actual trap?...A bait we'll unfortunately be forced to take.

The violas came in an unceasing flood. And considering their one way out had been effectively cut off, they didn't have much choice other than to press on.

 And considering their one way out had been effectively cut off, they didn't have much choice other than to press on

Finn: Everyone, straight ahead! Valletta Grede is our objective.

he instructed, and the other members of the group were quick to obey. They charged forward in perfect alignment, slipping in and out between the rush of giant flowers and speeding toward the far passage. The violas, naturally, gave chase. They barreled into the single tunnel, wide enough to accept the adventurers easily, but not so much the large flowers hurling themselves into it with all the force of an avalanche.

Lefiya: Captain! Leave them to Miss Filvis and me!

Lefiya shouted as she eyed the situation behind them. The courageous initiative was enough to startle Raul and the others; Finn, however, simply glanced back from his position in the center of the party, meeting Lefiya's azure eyes before affirming her request with a nod.

Finn: They're in your hands, then, Lefiya!

Lefiya: Roger!

The trusting smile from her captain gave Lefiya a thrill of excitement as she whirled to face the onrush of violas head-on.

Lefiya: Miss Filvis!

The elf in question inferred Lefiya's plan from a single glance.

Filvis:...Understood. Leave them to me!