Chapter 25- You Betrayed Your Own Family

Hope's POV

I walked into the school. I made my way to the library and seen Alaric with a bunch of books. I walked up to him and sat down next to him.

H: Explain why you were trying to keep a secret.

Dr: Secret? What secret Hope?

H: Really? You're going to pretend nothing is going on?

Dr: Hope, what are you talking about?

H: The Merge, Dr Saltzman. You really kept that from your own daughters?

Dr: How did you find out?

H: Don't act like you didn't call Caroline not to long ago to tell her about it.

Dr Saltzman stood up and put away his book. I crossed my arms and legs and he looked at me.

Dr: Caroline told you?

H: Actually, Josie told me. She overheard your conversation with Caroline.

Dr: Did Lizzie hear?

H: That's what your more concerned about? Josie just found out about the merge, but your more concerned if Lizzie heard. Wow, dad of the fucking year.

Dr: Hope whatever your getting at, drop it.

H: You betrayed your own family Dr Saltzman. Your own daughters, you kept a secret from them that they should know.

Dr: They don't have to know anything. They just have to get through schooling and have a family.

H: They can't have a family if the merge is there. Josie already found out, you just need to tell Lizzie.

Dr: I can't.

H: You can't or you won't? Because this seems more of a 'I won't' type of problem.

Dr: You try having daughters that have to go through with the whole merge thing and then you can come to me about it. It's a lot harder than you think, you'll still think of your little girls as your little girls.

H: That doesn't mean you get to keep secrets from them, especially if it's something like this. Would you want them to know about it or when the time comes they be absolutely clueless about it?

Dr: Hope, stop.

I stand up and Dr Saltzman took out another book.

H: Is there a way to stop the merge?

Dr Saltzman ignored the question.

H: Is there a way to stop the merge Dr Saltzman?

Dr: No Hope, the merge is a curse set on the gemini coven. Nobody has found a loophole yet.

H: Have you guys even checked the history for the gemini coven?

Dr: We've tried everything Hope.

H: Have you tried making one of them a heretic?

Dr: No and none of them will become one.

H: What if it's the only loophole to the merge?

Dr: Then I'll find a new one. I don't want them to go through the blood lust. Plus Amelia said it would just make them stronger.

H: Are you really going to believe her? You've never believed the rest of the monsters we've been up against.

Dr: Amelia was somehow family.

H: She could've lied about that too. She learned from Kai, right?

Dr: Yeah so what?

H: He's a sociopath, that's what. He lied, killed his own sister at your wedding, also let's not forget he targeted the school and pretended to be someone else.