Chapter 52- Putting Some Distance

Josie's POV

It was been a couple days now. I've been avoiding Hope. I've also been trying to find a solution to what's going on. First, dad leaves without entirely saying something. Second, somebody is playing as Mg and Lizzie. Third, Akayla hasn't been found. That's why I've been hiding out in the library.

I haven't really seen anybody and I'm not trying to really get distracted right now. Lizzie is the only one who knows where I am. Or at least I hope it's the real Lizzie. I've been reading books all morning.

I got up from my table and put a book away. I heard some whispering behind a book shelf. It sounded like Hope and 3 other people.

?: So you must really like her?

H: Something like that. I just wish she could stop avoiding me.

?: Maybe stop her in her tracks?

I tried getting closer to actually hear what was going on. Instead I knocked over a couple books. I quickly bent down to pick them back up.

H: Oh it's just you.

J: Oh uh yeah. It was just an accident. I actually need to go. I'll see you later.

H: No you won't. Your avoiding me.

J: I'm not avoiding, I'm just trying to put some distance between us.

H: Same thing as avoiding.

J: No, I just have a lot going on. And I can't have distractions. I mean your not a distraction but I just need all my focus on finding my da- friend. He's been missing.

H: Could I help with anything?

J: Like I said, no you cannot help. I just need you to be yourself and hangout with whoever your hanging out with.

H: Jo, please let me help.

J: I have everything under control, I'll see you around. Come by later tonight?

H: You actually want me to come by? You aren't going to avoid me?

J: I could change my mind if that's an issue for you. This just can't happen every night. I really need to help my friend.

H: Who's this friend?

J: I'll explain on a later date. See you tonight?

H: Yeah sure. I'll be there.

I nod and she smiled. I turned around and walked away. Why did I lie? Maybe because she's try to do everything in her power to help? I don't know. Nevermind I should definitely tell her the truth. I turned back around and walked up to her.

J: Actually.

H: What?

J: It's not a friend, it's actually my dad. He went missing and didn't really say anything about it. I know where he is but something tells me that there's something wrong and-

H: Hey, it's okay. I just don't understand why you lied. Maybe we should talk about this later tonight.

J: Oh yeah. Got it. Just don't forget about tonight. I'm sorry.

H: We'll talk later. Go find your dad.

I nod and turned around. I walked off and bumped into Mg or fake Mg. I don't know.

J: I'm so sorry.

Mg: You're fine. Don't worry about it.

I smiled and walked off. Once I left the library, I seen Lizzie and Mg kissing up on each other. I shake my head and turned back around. The Mg I bumped into was gone. What is going on?