Chapter 35- Dinner Once Again, Let's See How This Turns Out

Josie's POV

My dad pulled dinner through once again but only for the Super Squad. I was worried about how it would go because Finch recently joined and Hope has been MIA from the team. Even at last dinner, I was cheated on. I just had to get through tonight and then I can try to give Finch my undivided attention. Everyone shows up and sits down. Hope was the only one who wasn't there on time.

Fi: So where's Hope?

H: Behind you. Of course I wouldn't miss out on the Super Squad. I did somehow help create this Squad so let's get started. Shall we?

I looked at Hope and she had her usual Mikaelson smirk. I sighed and Hope sat down on the other side of the table. Everyone got really quiet and Hope chuckled.

H: Oh come on guys, same old me. Same old you guys, let's eat.

Mg: Hope, is everything okay?

H: Yeah, of course. Why wouldn't I be okay? I mean, sometimes you lose the best things in your life to be able to grow better for yourself.

Li: Hope, I think you should go to your room.

H: Lizzie, don't be all motherly. Seriously guys, I'm okay. I'm actually a lot better than okay. Oh and look, it's my date.

Everyone turned around and seen a woman walk up. She had black here, dark skin and she was beautiful. She sat down next to Hope and kissed Hope's cheek. Hope looked at me and smirked. I looked down at my plate and Hope's date spoke up.

Ma: Hi, I'm Maya.

I instantly looked up and looked at Maya. Hope leaned back in her chair and placed her hand on Maya's thigh. I stand up and Hope looks at me.

H: Is there something wrong love?

J: Actually, can I talk to you?

H: Of course.

Hope stood up and we walked into the woods. Once we were deep enough and I crossed my arms and looked at Hope.

J: What do you think you're doing?

H: Moving on, is that so wrong?

J: She's not even in the Super Squad Hope.

H: Okay and Finch wasn't in the Super Squad either until just tonight.

J: Hope.

H: No, don't even do that. You are using Finch and moving on but the second I try to move on, you get angry at me. Why is it so difficult for you to understand that I don't need you anymore?

J: H-Hope, this isn't you.

H: It is now so do me a favor and stay out of my love life, okay?

Hope began to walk away, I grabbed onto her wrist.

J: Why didn't you kill Finch when she basically bullied you about what was going on?

H: Because you love her, and I want to see you happy even if it's not with me.

J: Hope, I didn't move on.

H: Then why are you still with Finch?

J: Because it would make me seem stupid if I got back with you.

H: And why should we care about what anyone else thinks? Relationships only have two people in it. Nobody else should matter except for your significant other and family.

J: You don't understand.

H: No I do, you're scared and that's okay.

J: That's not what I meant.