'I know we're in the middle of Maths but I must have you' - Chapter Twenty-two

Hey guys!! I actually quite like this chapter so I hope you will too! As always, remember to vote and comment - I really can't descibe how much help it is to me!!!

/ / / / / / /

I had Maths on the first day back after half term. Although we'd spoken plenty over texts and Facebook, I knew that seeing Danny in the flesh was going to be hard. Rachel had tried to reassure me but I was not convinced.

As I entered the Maths corridor my palms grew clammy and I could feel sweat emerging on the back of my neck. Ew. The last thing I wanted was to be all gross and sweaty the first time Danny saw me in so long. When I had picture this moment in my head, I looked all gorgeous and glowing with my hair sprawling down my back in loose, effortless curls. I would float in and sit down next to Danny with a simple 'oh hey Danny, how have you been'. And he would be completely stunned by my beauty and say 'Jessica, I know we said we should be friends and I know we're in the middle of Maths but I must have you' in that cheeky but highly sexy voice he had. And then we'd start a love affair for the Ages right there in front of Mr Wilding. Unrealistic maybe, but spending half a week in bed on my own had made my mind wonder.

I knew that even if Danny and I had both realised that we liked each other at the same time, it never would have worked. At the end of the day I knew that I had to put Amy first - as hard as that may be. But that didn't stop me thinking about him constantly - about what could have been. God, why did Danny have to be so lovely and funny and charming and hot!?

Well, today was no exception. I pushed open the door of my Maths classroom and there he was - sitting there in all his glory. He was wearing a blue denim-looking shirt that was just tight enough to see the definition of his biceps through it. And I couldn't quite see under the table but I just knew he would be wearing his skinny jeans that made his thighs look so good. Because God hates me and wants to see me suffer, and having Danny look as good as possible was his best way to punish me. And his hair. I could write a thousand essays on his hair and it wouldn't be enough to describe it's perfection. It was floppy but smooth and straight but somehow beautifully messy and -

'Ah, young Miss Jessica Fletcher, how lovely to see you again" Mr Wilding interrupted my obsessive thoughts with a single sentence. His words broke the silence in the room, announcing my entrance to the class and causing Danny to look up. To look up with those magnificent eyes of his - I needed some serious help.

'Sir!' I responded, attempting to seem like my normal joyful self. 'Always a pleasure. Did you have a good break?'

'I had a splendid break thank you Miss Fletcher. I trust you did too.' He removed his glasses at this point to stare at me with full intensity. 'Now, if you would please sit in your seat - you are here to do Maths after all.'

'Of course, yeah, Maths, sorry sir.' I babbled as I backed slowly towards my desk. The desk at which Danny was now smiling up at me playfully.

'Hey Jessie, you alright?' He whispered, clearly eager not to get either of us into any more trouble with our teacher.

'Yeah good thanks, didn't realise I was so late though - I was planning to start this term on a high but clearly that's impossible.' I laughed, trying to keep the conversation light despite the fact that I was aggressively fighting the urge to plant a kiss on those supple, gorgeous looking lips of him. Wow, I really did need help.

'Yeah I guess being on time isn't exactly your thing,' he joked. I hated how calm he was being while I was there practically busting a gut trying not to make a move on him. Less a week ago he admitted to being in love with me and now here he is treating me as if I was his kid brother or some goofy frat-boy 'bro'. It was so depressing.