'I'm not freaking Taylor Swift' - Chapter Thirty Two

I woke up the next morning with my head still nestled in Danny's chest, wearing the same clothes I was wearing last night. I looked over at Rachel's bed, she was sitting up on her phone, she must have come in last night after I fell asleep.

'Morning,' She looked over at me as I lifted myself up from Danny's embrace. He was a heavy sleeper and was out like a light, despite my movement. 'How did it go last night with Amy?' She asked.

'Could've gone better,' I said truthfully. 'She was cool with it but warned me to stay away from Danny, because – you know...'

'Ah, I see.' She paused. 'Are you ready for today though?'

'Today? What's today?'

'The winter fair you loon, don't tell me you've actually forgotten?' Crap, the winter fair.

'No, of course not,' I lied, before adding, 'only momentarily. What time is it?'

Rachel checked her phone, 'half seven. What time have you got to be there?'

'Eight.' I groaned, moving slowly out of bed. I thought about waking Danny but decided to just leave him there, he didn't have anywhere pressing that he needed to be before the fair as far as I was aware. I was happy to let him sleep. 'I better start getting ready.' I was already dreading the tech run this morning but knew it had to be done. 'Can you wake him up in an hour if he hasn't already,' I asked, motioning at my barely conscious boyfriend on my bed. 'You guys are meant to get there at like half nine right?'

'Yeah, will do. What are you going to do about Amy and Zac?'

'Ahh crap I completely forgot about them. Erm, Rach would you be able to bring them down this morning? Amy said she wanted to be backstage with me during the tech rehearsal so she could spend some time with me, but she's never going to be able to get ready and down there in half an hour,' I laughed.

'Yeah, that sounds fine.' She complied. 'Are you sure you're going to be able to get ready in half an hour?'

'Cheeky!' I exclaimed, but true. 'I'll be fine, I don't want to dress up too much it would look weird. I'm only singing a few songs, I'm not freaking Taylor Swift about to embark on a world tour.'

'Fair enough,' Rachel laughed as I slumped out of bed and over to my wardrobe. I'd decided a few days ago what I was going to wear and already had it set out on its own hanger. I'd chosen some skinny black jeans, my grey Led Zeppelin t-shirt, and a distressed denim jacket, paired with my old docs. I wanted to look nice, but not like I'd put in a ton of effort. It was just the Winter Fair, after all.

As I entered the auditorium it looked completely different to normal. All the chairs that I was used to sitting on in assemblies were gone. Instead, there were around 30 little stalls dotted around the floor, each showcasing a different thing. The stall's weren't completely set out yet, I guess they would finish setting them up whilst we rehearsed. As I wondered toward the stage I tried to work out what each of the stalls were. Some of them seemed be selling random crap, presumably to collect the money for charities or the school funds. There were also stalls promoting various things, clubs, religion, music lessons ect... As I neared the front of the auditorium I noticed a bunch of stalls with just games on them, a tombola, raffle some weird looking thing with doughnuts hanging of some string. By all accounts, there seemed to be a wide range of stalls and I was sure the hall would pack out pretty quickly once they opened the doors. My nerves suddenly manifested as I realised quite how many people were going to be in the hall listening to me sing.