'Why, is he gay?' - Chapter Four

I''m afraid that some of the spacing on this chpater is completely messed up! Sorry, it was Wattpad not me! Also thanks so much for helping me get past 200 on the 'What's hot' list. At last check we were #192 on teen fiction and #746 on romance. So thanks so much! I love you guys!! Hope you enjoy this chapter, it's a good'un! :)

/////////////////////////////////

"Jess," I was being viciously attacked. "Jess," Rachel screamed in my ear. "Jessica Fletcher will you get up right now."

"But Rachel, my bed is so comfortable!" I slowly got up and rubbed my eyes, only to find Rachel on top of me. "Rachel, what the hell are you doing up there?" Was I still dreaming?

"Trying to wake you up, idiot! And don't use that word here, you're at Catholic school remember."

"What word?"

"Hell! Or at least don't say what the hell! 'What on earth' will suffice every time." I nodded, not sure whether I'd broken some sort of Catholic law.

"Anyway, what on earth," I looked at Rachel as I said this (she rewarded me with a little nod), "are you doing waking me up at this time?"

"Look at the clock Jess!" Rachel was off me now and on her side of the room, rushedly getting changed.

I looked hesitantly at the clock; something told me that this wasn't going to be good. Crap, I was right!

"Nine o clock?" I screamed at Rachel. "Crap Rach, we needed to be downstairs half an hour ago!" I started putting on my clothes. We didn't have to wear uniform at St Peters which I liked as I loved to express myself through me clothes, but we did have to look smart as long as we were at school. So that's Monday to Saturday and then on Sunday we have to dress even smarter because it's Catholic day or something. This means that any expressing I did had to be done after five o clock. Today, I wore a high-waisted, black pencil skirt with a tucked in plain white blouse. I had no time to do anything with my hair so I just put it up into a quick bun.

"Are you ready yet, Jess?" Rachel looked stunning in her smart clothes, as she usually did, it would seem.

"Almost. We've probably missed the whole meeting by now anyway, is there any point in rushing?" I felt deflated that I was going to be late on my first day; not exactly the great first impression that I was hoping for!

"You really are new aren't you?" Rachel patronised me, "If there's anything that Mrs Clarke hates more than latecomers it's 'don't-come-at-all-ers'."

I nodded as I rushed to get ready. Despite being in a rush I wanted to make a good first impression so I put on some mascara and red lipstick before Rachel pulled me out of the room so we could run to the meeting hall.

We'd ran for quite a while when we finally reached the hall.

"Sneak in quietly," Rachel mouthed to me as I carefully opened the door.

We slid in to the seats at the back in the most unassuming way we could. Despite our best efforts, a few pupils turned around to look at us. Damn! I looked up to see if Mrs Clarke had noticed but she was just talking on the front of the stage and didn't look like she's noticed! Phew. Along with the head turners, I saw Matthew's face staring at me. I smiled politely as he joked by pointing to the clock. At this I laughed silently and mouthed that we'd overslept to which he dramatically rolled his eyes before turning back to the front. I laughed silently in my head only to see Rachel staring at me, eyes wide.