'Apology accepted Jessie' - Chapter Seven

So it's been a while hasn't it. Wahhh I'm sorry! I've just been really busy for a while and then I had some writer's block but I'm here now! This is an extra-long chapter that will give you some more insight into the various characters, so I hope you like it!

//////////////

"Excuse me Felicity can you come here a second, I need to talk to you." Matthew called from across the room. Okay, it's official; I love Matthew. Not in that way (though Rachel would have a field day). He has just saved me from any more time I would have to spend in excruciating conversation with Felicity and Danny.

"Thank-you." I mouthed at Matthew. I don't think he saw me but he gave a little smirk anyway. I turned to Danny.

"Thank God, she's gone." I celebrated.

"Yeah, she can come on a little strong right?" I'm so glad that Danny agreed with me.

"A little? She can come on a 'lotta' strong!" He laughed at this. "So anyway, where were we?"

"I think you were telling me that I'm not Catholic." He reminded me with a laugh.

"Oh yes, I remember! So anyway, how did you find out about St Peters?"

"My Mum found it online somewhere." Danny shrugged. "You?"

"I wanted to go to a boarding school far away from home and this was what we found." I explained.

"So you really wanted a boarding school then?" Danny looked confused.

"Yeah, I wanted an escape from life back home and a fresh start. I guess that kind of backfired now that you're here." I tried to sound jokey but my face told a different story.

"Fresh start?"

"My mum's cancer came back." Don't cry, don't cry, don't cry.

"I'm so sorry to hear that Jess, how's she doing?"

"Okay I guess. I mean how well can you be doing when you have cancer?"

"You'll be okay, I promise." Danny hugged me tightly. Is it odd that the main thing I was thinking about was how great his hair smelt?

Danny and I used to be quite close when he and Amy were going out; he always knew the right thing to say to cheer me up. Now was no exception. I know he couldn't promise that everything was going to be okay; he couldn't promise that my mum wouldn't die of this cancer. But he could promise to be there for me and I guess that's why what he just said meant so much.

"Jess!" Crap, Rachel."How are you doing?" Rachel had already begun eyeing up my companion.

"I'm great," I smiled for a while before exhaling, "Rachel this is Danny, Danny meet Rachel."

"Danny," Rachel put on a fake posh voice as she spoke. "What an absolute pleasure it is to meet you. Jessica here has told me so much about you."

"I can imagine," Danny smirked. "I'm sure she talks about me all the time."

"Don't flatter yourself, mate," I nudged him jokingly. "None of it's good!"

The three of us were chatting for a while. Rachel and Danny seemed to get on really well, which meant a lot to me. They are the two people I know best at my new school so far and I love that they like each other. We all seem to have the same sense of humour as well so the conversation was full of laughs. We had been chatting for about fifteen minutes when a boy came up to join us.