'Was that your question?' - Chapter Twenty Nine

Danny's POV

I was the first one to arrive at the meeting which made a welcome change. It was nice to be able to sit down and gather my thoughts before the carnage began. I was so excited to see Jess sing for everyone, I already knew she was going to be amazing. And she was so attractive whilst she was singing, last time it's felt like she'd captured my heart and bottle it. As if she knew exactly how to manipulate my thoughts and emotions. It was stunning.

Jack and Rachel arrived next, clearly having just come from geography together. They looked positively smitten as they walked in together holding hands. But for once there wasn't even a slight string of jealousy in seeing them intimately together. I had Jess now, and I could hold her hand whenever she let me. I'm not going to lie, seeing my roommate so happy with a girl was taking its toll on me for a bit. Especially when I began to develop feelings for Jess earlier on in the term. Not that I ever think I really didn't have feelings for Jess. I guess as soon as I got to know her properly I knew that she was amazing and attractive and just wonderful in every way.

Matthew walked in next, closely followed by Jonny, and then Anya and Felicity. Felicity made a beeline for the seat next to me as soon as she walked in, but if she thought that I was going to let her sit there she was sorely mistaken. 'Sorry, I'm saving this seat for Jess.' I explained.

'Oh,' her eyes widened but her stiff smile remained plastered on her face. 'That's fine, I just thought – ' she trailed off, keeping her eyes fixed on me as she followed Anya to the two seats across the table.

Jess was the last to arrive, no surprises there, and glided in with her guitar case in hand. 'Sorry I'm late,' she apologised, 'Physics ran over and then I had to go and get my guitar and yeah.' She smiled around at everyone in apology before walking over and sitting next to me.

I grinned wide and leaned over for a quick kiss. 'Hi babe,'

'Hi,' she tucked her hair behind her ear like she always seems to do when she's nervous about something. It was so cute. Out of the corner of my eye I could see Felicity's eyes widen, her jaw clench, and her breathing quicken. I guess she hadn't heard about me and Jess. Whoops.

'Are you two – ' Felicity struggled to get her words out. 'You and Jess, are you – '

'We're going out Felicity, yes. Was that your question?' Jess spoke with a cutting tone, whilst staring Felicity down. I felt bad for her. After all she had kissed me only a week ago, I didn't want her to think I didn't care about her. Although I didn't. Not really, I mean. I barely knew her to be honest with you, and obviously my loyalty was going to lie with Jess. We'd had far too many fights over Felicity for my liking.

I quickly remembered that I hadn't told Jess about the kiss, crap. Not wanting Felicity to say something now, I hastily spoke up. 'Shouldn't we get on with the meeting?' I turned to Matthew.

'Yes, that seems like a good idea.' He replied, clearly sensing that another argument may arise. 'So I guess we'll start off with Jess if you're ready?'

Everyone turned to look at Jess, she inhaled quickly. 'Yes, I think so. Let me just get my guitar out.'

I gave her hand a quick squeeze as she got up, 'you've got this babe. You'll kill it.' She smiled.

As Jess took out her guitar and began to sing, I felt a wash of amazement flood across the room. No one expected her to be as good as she was. She sang the same song by The Pretty Reckless that she'd sung to me earlier and she was perfect.

No one spoke for a few seconds after she'd finished, me included, until Matthew broke the silence, 'Jess, that was stunning well done.'

Everyone nodded in agreement as Jess scuttled back to sit next to me, I clasped her hand tight in mine. 'Okay,' I said, 'shall we vote then?'