'Sir, that's gross it was just a wee' - Chapter Eight

So hey there!! I know I've been awful but a lot of stuff has gone down. I've started my final year of GCSE's and so obviously I haven't been able to post as much as I'd like to but I am determined to keep on uploading and not putting this on hold. Just needed to let you guys know that before the chapter. Also I am AMAZED that we've hit 1000 reads on this and are now going even beyond that! It's crazy and I'm so greatful to each and every one of you!! Anyway, I really like this chapter and I hope it will give you some insight into Jess and Danny's relationship!!

/ / / / / / / / / /

"Jessica Fletcher, late again. Let's not make this a habit." Danny said in an awful impression of Mr Wilding as I slipped into the seat next to him.

"Very funny Danny, he isn't here yet is he?" I asked, acting a lot less scared than I was.

"No you're good," Danny reassured me. Phew, I was already in his bad books and I didn't need to dig a deeper hole for myself.

"Ah Jessica, nice of you to finally join us." I looked up, horrified as Mr Wilding walked through the storage cupboard at the back of the room.

"Oops," Danny whispered as I killed him with my eyes.

"Sorry sir," I grumbled, getting out my books. I punched Danny hard under the table, "I needed to go the loo."

"Your bowel movements are of no interest to my Jessica." Mr Wilding said while the whole class giggled - Danny the most of all. I was overcome with embarrassment and so panicked -

"Sir, that's gross it was just a wee." Crap. Of all the things I could have said, I don't think that was the best. The class erupted into hysterical laughter. "I mean," I tried to help the situation; "I was really desperate." I trailed off at the end when I realized it was a lost cause.

"Let's make this a lesson," Mr Wilding said while writing the date and title on the board. "Anyone else who can't control their bladder will have to spend their lunchtimes with me, understood?" The class nodded in silence, too scared to laugh at what they were just in hysterics about. "Let's not make this a habit Miss Fletcher." Danny laughed in shock as Mr Wilding repeated the exact words from his earlier impression.

The lesson passed slowly; straight line graphs aren't really my thing. We had been plotting quadratic line for about half an hour and I couldn't wrap my head around it. The line had to curve, come down at a precise point on the graph and be perfectly symmetrical. I'd never been one for art and this symmetry lark was driving me insane. Mr Wilding walked around the classroom checking all of our work one by one. Panicking I looked over to Danny to see if he'd made any more progress than I have. All I saw were squiggles on a page. "Oi Danny," I whispered in a shouting fashion.

He turned around to look at me, amused. "What?"

"What question are you on?" He laughed at my half whisper half shout before replying. "Number 14, you?" Crap.

"Oh yeah same." I muttered, unconvincingly as I carried on with my work. Before I'd managed to get much done, Mr Wilding was staring over my shoulder. "Oh hey sir," I called. "Anything the matter?" I tried to hide the nerves inside me.

"What, may I ask, is that?" He said, pointing at one of my curvy lines.

"Y equals three X squared minus twenty-four X sir." I said, innocently as Danny started to snigger.

"I know that Jessica," he sounded irritated - "what is that line doing?"

I didn't have an answer and just sat there staring at him and 'erm'ing a bit.