'I'm sure that's not all he could do for you with his wand' - Chapter Twelve

It's a wierd chapter today, it's longer than usual but it is in a lot of small parts, hope you like it! Also there's an IMPORTANT message at the end so stay tuned for that! :)

/ / / / / / / / / / /

As I woke up on Sunday, my head was still filled with thoughts from the meeting the day before. I could not believe how out of order Felicity was. It's unreal how many clashing personalities there is in a group. I mean all the relationships of the group could make an episode of 'Eastenders' look tame.

After a quick check of Facebook, I started getting ready for morning mass. It wasn't obligatory but I needed to see Matthew and ask him for another meeting and that's most definitely where he'd be on a Sunday morning. I pulled on my electric blue skinny jeans, an old 'Led Zeppelin' top and my fake brogues and ran out the door.

Mass was alright. I'm not going to pretend that any of it made much sense but I liked the songs and I thought that the prayer was good; I even said 'Amen' at the end. Progress huh!? There weren't that many people in the church and I felt a bit sorry for the priest; I'd hate to give a sermon to just a handful of people. I made a mental note to invite Rachel and Danny to come next week.

At the end of the service I walked over to Matthew who was sitting at the front. "Hey Jess, how are you?"

"I'm good thanks, you?"

"Great." A slight awkward pause followed.

"Hey, do you want to have a meeting later today?" I asked quickly, breaking the lull.

"Yeah, sure. That sounds like a great idea. Shall I see you at 5-ish?"

"Yeah, I'll see you then." And I found myself walking out of the church with a huge smile on my face.

***

When I walked back into the room, Rachel was still in bed. Time for revenge. Slowly I took my shoes off and walked gradually backwards from Rachel's bed until I was ready. Without any more delay, I ran and jumped straight onto Rachel screaming her name loudly.

"Aaaaaaahhhhhh!" She yelled as she jolted awake. "What on earth is going on?"

"It's called payback Rachel, can't you take your own medicine?"

"Jess, what time is it?"

"Rach, I've been up for hours. By the way, you have to come to mass next week, they're really lacking in audience members."

"Okay sure, as long as you wake me up a bit nicer next time!"She joked.

"Hey, so what did you do with Jack yesterday?" I asked, eagerly.

"Nothing much - we just listened to some of his band's songs. They were really good, he's so talented."

"Really, what was your favourite one?"

"There was one called 'Magic' that was so sweet and romantic."

"I can see Jack as a magician."

"Same, and how hot would he look in a posh suit?" Rachel fantasised.

"Would you be his glamorous assistant Rach?" I laughed.

"Oh my gosh yes - he could saw me in half! Imagine, just a wave of his magic wand and I'm in half."

"I'm sure that's not all he could do for you with his wand." I nudged her jokingly.

"Go away, Jess." She laughed but I don't think she was convincing anyone.

"Rachel," I pondered. "Are you blushing?"