'Felicity says hi!' - Chapter Twenty-four

Hey gang!! Sorry it's been so long but I took a little break for Easter so I could spend it with my family. In return for the mini-gap here's a longer chapter than I would usually do! ALSO PLEASE REMEMBER TO VOTE AND COMMENT (do it now if you think you're going to forget!!) ;) Anyway, enjoy !

/ / / / / /

Jess's POV

When I woke up on the Thursday of the Winter Fair auditions I felt groggy. Gross and ill and sick and groggy. I only had two lessons today - History and Maths - and they were both early in the morning. Ew.

I was walking down the corridor on the way to Maths when I saw Felicity. She was walking alone, for once, which was strange. Usually she couldn't go anywhere without being shadowed by one of her followers. They seemed to swarm around her constantly like bees to an attractive but poisonous flower.

"Hiya Jess!" She chirped like some annoying little squirrel.

"Hello Felicity," I responded - unsure of quite why we seemed to pretend to be friends so often when we bumped into each other. It was a passive-aggressive, frenemy sort of relationship that I had with Felicity - it was all niceties and cheeriness when we chatted, but underneath it all we both knew how much we absolutely detested each other. But today was no exception as we pretended to be affable, as if for the enjoyment of the lockers lining the hall. "You alright?"

"I'm really, really good actually thanks! Really good." She smiled as she spoke - her perfectly positioned, blonde ponytail swinging slightly while her head bobbed up and down as if she was nodding in agreement at something I was saying.

"Well I'm glad to hear that," I lied. "Anyway, I have to get to Maths now so I can't talk but I guess I'll see you later at the auditions?"

"Can't wait!" She oozed. "Have fun in Maths, say hi to Danny from me?"

"Sure thing!" I faked enthusiasm as I walked away. "See you later." What a weirdo. Why would Danny ever want to hear of a greeting from her? Who does she think she is?

I stopped to take a quick sip of water at the water fountain to gather my thoughts. Today was going to be completely hellish, of that I was certain. Sitting in a room with Felicity sucking up to Danny, Jonny and Anya sucking up to Felicity, and Rachel and Jack sucking up to each other - it was going to be a room of inflated egos. And with Felicity and Anya performing in their 'female One Direction' singing band, it was going to be uncomfortable as anything. I really did not want to have to vote for them but I knew that it would be awkward if Rachel and I didn't. They needed five votes anyway, so our votes would only even matter on the assumption that either Danny or Jack voted for them.

As I waltzed into the classroom I realised that, once again, I was late. It really was becoming a regular habit.

"Sorry I'm late sir," I cooed as I slid next to Danny.

"Jessica Fletcher, always a delight to see you," Mr Wilding said sternly, still facing the white board behind him, whilst writing the exercises up.

"You too sir," I joked. "I can't wait to learn about," I paused, realising I quite literally had zero idea as to what we were getting taught in Maths at the moment.

"Differentiation Miss Fletcher," Mr Wilding managed to enunciate every single syllable as if to prolong my state of embarrassment as long as possible.

"Yeah," I mused, "I can't wait to learn about differentiation. It's my favourite."

"Well I am glad. Please turn to page 67 and begin with exercise 4A." He paused before adding. "In silence."