'He gave an adorable little smirk' - Chapter Two

Note from the author!

Hey guys, so I'm really greatful for the reception of the first chapter and prologue! It's another short chapter today and I'm afraid that I haven't linked a video or anything because I need to go really soon and I just wanted to get the chapter up for you all! Hope you enjoy it! I kind of like this chapter a lot!!

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

"Hello there, I'm Mrs Clarke", she smiled so welcomingly that I froze for a brief second.

"Hey, I'm Jessica Fletcher", I replied with a nervous smile.

"Hello, Jessica it's great to meet you! Welcome to St Peter's"

"Good to meet you too!" there was a brief pause before I added; "I'm really excited to join the sixth form!"

"I'm glad to hear it," she was looking at a sheet of paper in her hands, "So then Jess, I see that you're boarding at the school." I nod meekly. "Well then remember to mention to your guide that you are so that they can show you your dorm and room"

"My guide?" I questioned.

"Yes," she replied "each of our new students is going to be given a quick tour of the school by someone who already knows it. Just go along that pathway and you'll meet your guide!"

I looked to my dad; I guess this was goodbye. He looked at me with a straight face for a while; it seemed as if he was trying to hide his emotions. Before I broke down I quickly hugged him, close. It hadn't quite settled in that I wasn't going to see him for three and a half months. I'd focused so much of my time worrying about what will happen at the school that I hadn't even begun to worry about what I'm going to miss at home. My mum wasn't awake when we left, she was resting. Just as well really as I don't think I could've coped with another goodbye.

"Well then," Dad said, not really knowing what to do with himself, "I guess I'll see you at Christmas Jessie!"

"I can't wait!" this was probably the most truthful thing I'd said all day, "I'll keep in touch over text and Facebook okay?"

"Sure but don't expect me to be able to keep up too much with all this new technology!" Dad started to take out my bags from the car. Blimey there are a lot! I went to help him. "But I think I can manage with texting. I'll e-mail you to let you know what's going on at half term as well. You'll probably have to get the train to Amy's house"

"Yeah, I thought as such. I wouldn't expect them to drive all the way up here to pick me up!" I nodded. Over half term, when all the other students would be reunited with their families, I was going to my friend's house. Admittedly it was my best friend and it will be great to see her again, but I'd still like to at least see my dad. Him and mum are going to be in America. Apparently that's where the best help for cancer is and it's not legal in the UK.

All my stuff was out of the car now. There was no way I could prolong this anymore.

"Bye Dad!"

I stared after him as he drove out of the car park and into the distance.

***

"Hi, I'm Jess!" I was summing up the boy standing in front of me. He looked about my age, maybe the year above. He definitely fitted the catholic good boy image! He had very fair hair that he spiked up ever so slightly so it looked like freshly cut grass. His eyes are some of the darkest I've ever seen; not a hazel like most people but a genuine chestnut colour - very unique! He was kind of hot, I guess, but in his own special little way.