'I'm a horrible, horrible person' - Chapter Twenty Seven

Jess's POV

Oh my freaking God.

I was kissing Danny.

Danny was kissing me.

We were kissing each other.

Crap.

Crap.

Time stopped moving in minutes and seconds, instead consisting of tiny moments of perfection wound up by one amazing kiss. I had never kissed anyone like this, it was perfect. After god knows how long there was a knock on the door. Danny pulled away from me slowly. He paused to smile at me before turning towards the sound. 'Yeah? Who is it?' He called.

'It's me mate,' Jack's voice resonated through the wood. 'Can I come in? Has she buggered off back to her own room?'

'Yeah you can come in,' Danny laughed at his roommate's apparent lack of subtlety as the door swung open.

'Oh hi Jess,' Jack greeted as he saw me on the bed across from his own.

'Hiya,' I replied. 'Sorry let me get that,' I grabbed my guitar case from his bed before standing up slowly. I turned to Danny, 'so,'

'So,' he repeated.

'I'll be off then,' I said motioning towards the door. Neither Danny or I could stop staring at each other and smiling as we spoke. 'Rachel will be wondering why I took so long anyway.'

'Yeah sure, no that's fine.' Danny nodded his head. 'I'll - erm - I'll text you later yeah?'

'That'd be great. And I'll see you tomorrow in Maths then?' I asked as I opened the door. Every motion was so slow, the pace matching mine and Danny's drawn out goodbye. Neither of us wanted to leave the other one, both excited as to what the future of our relationship entailed.

As I closed the door behind me and began the walk along the corridor I felt a sense of longing; I was already missing Danny, wanting desperately to return to that moment, to kiss him again with the same intense passion.

I had just reached the end of the corridor when I heard Jack shouting from Danny's room. I couldn't quite make out what he was saying through the walls but it sounded excited and congratulatory. I smiled the whole way back to the room.

Upon reaching my door I took a deep breath, in attempt to wind down my emotions to allow me to get any sleep tonight. I hadn't accounted for one thing though - Rachel.

'Jess!' She screamed as I soon as I opened the door. 'Oh my gosh I was beginning to get worried, you've been so long.'

'Yeah sorry I was gonna text but I got caught up,'

'Caught up?' She looked worried, pityingly at me. I realised that my face wasn't doing a good job of reflecting what I was feeling inside. 'What happened?'

'Wait a sec,' I said as I put my guitar down and sat on my bed next to her. She was staring up at me as I did so, clearly so eager to hear about my night. 'I -erm,' I didn't know where to start. 'He told me that he liked me too and -' before I could finish Rachel jumped up and was screaming as she danced around awkwardly. I started laughing. 'Dude, shut up we're going to get reported! And you didn't even let me finish.'

'Sorry,' she apologised as she sat back down. 'Continue,'

'And we kissed.'