Only Fools... FAQs

Okay gang - so here is a list of FAQs to help non-English readers understand a bit more about the story. If you have any more questions to add then please just comment below and I'll answer them!!

1) In what year are Jess and the gang?

Jess and Danny and Rachel and everyone are in Year Twelve or Lower Sixth. Matthew, Felicity, Jonny, Anya ect are in Year Thirteen or Upper Sixth. 

2) What is Year Twelve in the American grading system?

Year Twelve is the equivilant of the Eleventh Grade I believe.

3) What is Sixth Form?

Sixth Form, or college, is what English kids go to after High School. It consists of two years, Year Twelve and Year Thirteen, and lasts from ages 16-18. You go there to get your A-levels before going to University.

4) What is the deal with A-Levels?

So A-levels are the exams you take at Sixth Form in England. Most people get four AS levels - which are examined at the end of Year Twelve - and three A2 levels - which you get at the end of Year Thirteen. So basically, you pick four subjects to do at AS then, usually, you drop whichever one you did worse in and carry the rest through to A2. So at the end of Year Thirteen most students would have three A-levels (graded from A* to U) and one AS level (graded from A to U and valued at half an a-level) 

5) Where exactly is St Peter's School?

St Peter's is in Surrey which is the county below London and, coincidently, is the county in which I live. It is usually recognised as being posh with a lot of fields. Obviously, like in any place, there are posh areas and chavvy areas, but the place where St Peter's is very posh. Probably somewhere like Dorking. 

6) Where are Jess, Amy and Danny from?

They are also from Surrey but probably a slightly less nice area. In actuality I see them as living in the same town I live but I'm not going to put that up on here for safety reasons - and because I don't want anyone I know to know that I'm writing this aha. 

7) Is there going to be a sequel to Only Fools...?

I already have a plan set in place for a prequel to the book. But I might just encouporate it into this book as flashbacks, I havn't decided yet. If there was to be another book in this universe though it would be a prequel based on Jess, Amy and Danny's time in Year Eleven - pre St Peters. 

8) Is Only Fools... based on the truth? Is it semi-autobiographical?

This is a question I get a lot as I said somewhere once that it was. Basically Jess is based on me. Danny is based on a boy I was in love with when I started writing the book. Amy is based on someone who was one of my close friends whilst I was in love with 'Danny' and is now one of my best friends in the whole wide world - and in real life they didn't go out but they knew each other a LOT better than I knew the boy. She currently goes out with one of his best friends as well so there's that. Matthew wasn't initially based on anyone but since I began writing this, a very attractive and desireable and religious boy has re-entered my life and now Matthew is very much based on him. Felicity is based on a bitch that I was 'friends' with, and all her followers are based on real people too. And yes, she really was that bad and a lot of the stuff she says is real stuff. Luckily she doesn't go to my school anymore and I'm actually really good friends with a lot of the ex-followers that I parody in here, which makes it kind of awkward when I'm writing now but yeah. Rachel is not based on anyone at all and neither is Jack or Jonny or anyone else but I do wish that I had  a Rachel in my life. St Peter's itself is actually based on a real life school in Crawley called 'Worth School' so feel free to look it up if you want to picture the school. Basically when I was in Year Eleven I had a fantasy that I would go to this school with this boy I was in love with and we would have a magnificent love affair there. It started off as just that but as I realised it would make a great story and started planning it I added in a bunch of new characters and elements and made it a little less of a 'fairy-tale romance'. ALSO ALL THE NAMES ARE CHANGED IN THE STORY JUST FWI. 

9) Have you planned out the whole story?

Although I don't get this question that often - I am often given suggestions on how to change the basic storyline or ideas for what could happen later on in the story. The entire story has actually been planned for a number of years now so I'm afraid that I can't take any changes as the story itself is rather complex and I have been dropping in foreshadowing throughout the story so yeah - I really can't change it now but I promise that the ending is good!!

10) What are you planning after Only Fools... is finished? Is it going to be a One Direction Fan Fiction?

So basically I said once that I was planning a 1D fan fiction. I have the idea completely planned out and a few chapters written but, if I'm honest, I don't really think that it's like ONE DIRECTION enough for any actual Directioners to read it? It's based on Harry Styles but none of the other members of the band would be in it and I don't want to give TOO much away because it is a good idea and I don't want people to steal it but yeah, I probably won't upload it to Wattpad anytime soon - I'm not sure if Wattpad is ready for it! :L  I am actually planning to release a book set in an American High School throughout the summer - it's like a mix between Mean Girls, Pretty Little Liars and Heathers - that's the best way I can describe it for now but it should be really good so please stick around for it!! And remember - the best way to get updates on what I do next is to follow me on Wattpad! ;)

***

OKAY so those were all the FAQs I could think of off the top of my head but if anyone has any others that they want to ask then please just comment below, message me or email me and I will update this page with them on!!

AS USUAL DON'T FORGET TO VOTE ON THIS CHAPTER IF YOU LEARNED SOMETHING NEW!

I <3 you all, stay awesome

~LunaCresta x x x