[45]: An Overheard Confession

|Maddie|

"I hope she's in here." I heard Robyn say before the front door slammed shut just then my bedroom door flung open and all three of my girls stood there looking at me sadly.

"What the hell did he do?" Sabrina shouted coming over and sitting on the bed next to me.

I shook my head and continued to cry into my pillow. I felt the bed dip behind me and a hand gently stroking my hair.

"Babe you ran out the club before telling us what happened...is it Charlie? Was he there?" Fern asked and I shook my head.

Blake had broken my heart tonight in ways I didn't think were possible. I thought back to what Charlie had said earlier and I replied saying I trusted Blake and that he wouldn't do to me what he did...but he did.

"Tell us babe." Robyn sighed as I choked on another sob. I gagged I was crying so much, pushing myself up off the bed, I ran to the bathroom before emptying the contents of my stomach. I quickly brushed my teeth before I went back into my bedroom to where all the girls were sat, whispering between on another.

"Blake...he-he cheated on me." I whispered but loud enough for them to hear me, feeling more tears spill down my cheeks as I collapsed to the floor.

"No, he wouldn't...not Blake." Sabrina gasped and I nodded.

"I wouldn't have believed it either...but I saw him with my own two eyes." I mumbled as I felt the girls lift me up and plonk me on the bed.

"Explain everything to us."

I sighed and took a sip out of the glass of water Fern had passed to me. "Basically when we got to the club you lot went dancing with the boys, Em and Lucy while I looked around for Blake." I say and they nod, "Well, after a few circles round the club I couldn't find him, so I went to the toilet to freshen up and then when I came out and heard him talking..." I say tearing up again. "I walked over to where he was and he had some girl up against the wall kissing her..."

"You've got to be kidding me?" Robyn gasped and I shook my head.

"Did you see who the girl was?" Sabrina asked and I nodded

"It was that Leah girl. She was saying to him, 'I told you you'd come to me' or something like that."

"No...he wouldn't do that to you...especially not with her." Fern sighed and I began crying again.

"Yeah well he did...I'm sorry I ruined our last night out here girls."

"Maddie don't even think like that. We've had an amazing holiday, these past four weeks have been the best time of our lives. Us getting home early just means we can have an early night and make sure we've got everything packed ready for tomorrow." Robyn smiled pulling me into a hug.

"You're right. I'm just going to leave this chapter of my life behind and start a-fresh when I get home. Put this all behind me and move on."

"You sure that's what you want?" Sabrina asked and I looked up to her and shrugged.

"I have to." I whispered

"So you're not going to speak to him before you leave?"

"I saw everything Sabrina, I don't need to speak to him..."

"Don't you want to know why?" she asked cutting me off.

"He's a liar and a cheat like all men I attract. He just had me completely fooled; I thought that he meant what he said to me...that he loved me and wouldn't hurt me."

"Maddie he did mean all that." Fern says grabbing my hand

"Did he fuck...he's ripped my fucking heart out. He wouldn't have done that if he truly loved me." I say trying to get control of my emotions. "I watched him kiss someone else tonight like he didn't have a care in the world, like he was a single lad out on the pull. I suppose it's a good thing it happened before I went home, least I know what he'll be doing while I'm away"