Prologue

It was a bad day for Maricar, she sighed and fixed her hair in annoyance in front of the mirror.

After going out of the shower, she was greeted by a news of having a blind date from her father, which she doesn't look forward to.

And for a girl like her, the next thing that their feet would stomp on is the floor of a mall and spend money like a madman.

Spending money that is similar to falling in love in her heart.

Mr. Geron called her daughter, hoping for another chance to have someone to tame the lady.

“Dad, I would love to go on your blind dates you arrange. I mean, who doesn't love free food and reject them after it?”

(Don't make me lose face with your actions, my daughter.) her father replied in annoyance.

She bit on a slice of apple she prepared earlier and talked while chewing it.

“Just a suggestion, Dad. Can you please give me a man that isn't horny enough on our first meet? Your business partners' sons must've also like to fuck girls and leave them.”

Her dad on the phone clicked his tongue and scolded her. (Watch your language… but I'll try to consider it. You know I can't just say no to them.)

Maricar smiled. She likes it when her dad would just give in to her requests.

Although she is independent enough to earn her own money, she couldn't say no to her father if he's going to introduce a guy.

Maricar thinks that she may hit jackpot if her dad could find the one for him. That's less hassle than finding it on her own.

(But I just want to ask you, my dear daughter. How can I find a guy that most sons in my circle have? I mean, you wanted someone to protect you, to see you as a treasure, to submit to your wishes as you like without complain, and this—oh God. Reading this list you gave makes me and your mother think that we failed to give you the love and care you need.)

Mr. Geron's voice sounds like he regretted on spoiling his daughter.

A father wants only what's the best for his daughter. He wants his beloved kid to settle down with a guy, to the point he will accept any guy as long as the kid would smile.

Maricar rolled her eyes on how dramatic her dad is and changed the topic. Her week-long break will be over this night and the next morning, she will be having new set of designer clothes and a new bar to visit.

For five months, she has been constantly in troubles that the their family company, Ice Cream, would treat it as a risk. Going to bars would be threatening for a girl, but Maricar likes it.

Not only she will have a chance to enjoy and party, but also to earn money enough to spend things for her own.

Maricar finished her last apple slice and dried her hands with a paper towel. “Dad, last thing before I end the call. Hire new designers. The previous batch are so tacky.”

Mr. Geron can only give a positive response to her daughter and bid goodbye, making Maricar contented and delighted.

Maricar put on her purple nightwear and face mask before relaxing on her pink, silky bed. As usual, she browsed on the university forum to see some news.

A post with lots of interactions caught her attention, clicking the comments and read it one by one.

‘I have this poor guy who wants to court me. Do you think he just find me attractive because I'm rich?’

71 likes          53 comments

‘Men nowadays can be a gold digger though.’

‘Sorry, I can't help you. I'm the poor one [crying]’

‘Test him! Find out that guy and make his intentions visible. Girl, you need to see @Ms.Marie, pronto.’

Her name was mentioned in the comment. Although she never check her notifications, this time the girl was lucky that she saw it.

Maricar typed in her response to the OP in just a few words and hit the sent button.

‘Then have yourself a rich guy.’