Chapter 29: Pity

The week passed by pretty quick and it was already Wednesday. Classes were suspended because of a public holiday and everyone were going to downtown for a big event. Streets at the neighborhood were empty since sunset and people were rare.

Maricar had her period, which made her unable to go. She was alone and in constant pain with no Pierre in her sight. He was at the hospital for his cousin's checkup. Although unwilling to go, he was forced by his girlfriend, before she had her cramps. Without him, she was all alone to endure the pain until the doorbell rang.

In excitement, she hurriedly opened the door to greet Pierre, only to found out that it was a person she don't want to see together with her father.

“My daughter, look who's with me.” the young man beside him smiled widely with a hint of hope.

Maricar's face became expressionless and slowly opened the gate for them. She told her father not to do something silly and went back inside, trying walk normally.

“Where's Pierre?”

“At the hospital, accompanying his cousin for a checkup.”

Her father nodded twice and sat on the long sofa. Gelo sat on the single sofa near Maricar without wearing away the smile.

She asked directly on his appearance, pretty rude yet he is clearly not a welcomed guest.

“I'm taking my chances, Maricar. Your father seemed to be looking forward at us.”

“Kid, I'm not siding with you. I let you in because you were his childhood friend.” her father clearly knew about his daughter's relationship with Pierre, yet he didn't expect for a smug like Gelo to try and be a homewrecker.

Gelo laughed and took back his words. “I'm just joking, Mr. Drew. I'm just saying hi to Maricar. That's all. I'm not sure if she still fancy me but if she does, I'm not stopping her.”

‘A fucking jerk. Don't push your luck or you'll end up with a black eye, you smug!’

Maricar smiled as fake as she could and replied, “No thanks.”

Her father broke the conversation and it became an interview with Gelo. He even forgot to check upon his daughter!

Maricar was totally pissed at this point. She's just hoping for Pierre to go home and accompany her.

“Aren't you going to the festival? Downtown looks fun right now. Maybe you can bring Maricar there and talk about what you've missed.”

“Dad, can't you see I'm in my period?” she loudly interrupted the talk. Her father just noticed and apologized.

“Mr. Drew, how about I'll take care of her? I'm good at taking care ladies.” Gelo suddenly spoke.

Mr. Geron didn't like the idea. He tried to grab the kid's attention and offered to have a drink with him yet he was focused to be answered with a yes.

Pierre just got off the bus station and received a text message from Maricar.

‘Is your cousin okay? Are you done?’

It was sent a few minutes ago. He replied with an affirmation and told her that he's near.

The walking distance from his position to their house is about 10 minutes away. Maricar don't have that much time to hold onto the guy in their house.

Walking for a while, Pierre can see in a distance the house. A car familiar to him was parked outside, together with a seemingly expensive car.

“Her father's here? I wonder what is he doing here.” it could be that he's inviting her for a stroll at the downtown. Nevertheless, he quickened his pace.