Chapter 26: Exposed

“Maricar, are you ready?” Pierre asked at the back stage while she was trying to calm herself before going to the stage with lots of people outside. The young lady nodded and took a deep breath as the program was about to start.

If only she could just decline the offer of being the hostess in today's event, she will eventually do it. But it's a lucrative offer to have extra credit just by being a hostess in the event in two of her subjects, she could help but to secure those in order to increase her GPA.

A month has passed and it was already the awarding for the outstanding and exemplary students of the university. It was the one of the most awaited events and everyone are required to attend. The gymnasium was full of students and lively, even the professors and faculty are present.

Seeing such a crowd, Maricar was a little bit nervous as it was her first time doing these kinds of stuff in a large gathering, even larger than the grand ball of the Davids.

She was picked by the committee after a week of preparation. Her hosting skills were as good as a TV host already in such a small amount of time. Such talent made her aware than aside from modelling, she might be able to handle other jobs.

The program started after a few minutes with an audio-visual presentation before Maricar and her partner entered the stage. It was a lively welcome for them and the crowd seems excited for such event. 

Pierre was watching from the side where the rest of the students in his college were sitting. His eyes were locked at her as she talked from one agenda after another. Yet his face was not happy.

Jude elbowed him and asked, “Your eyes are so stuck with her. She's interacting very close with Jaycee. You must be jealous.”

He glared at Jude for a second then looked away before speaking up. “I'm not jealous. Stop saying nonsense or I'll push you down there.”

His friend laughed and covered his mouth after Pierre's threat. However, his answer wasn't linear with his face. It came back to the pissed off face after seeing more intimate interactions with the male host. Yet what can he do at the bleachers to the guy? He can only look in contempt with him until it was their college's turn.

After the message from the university chancellor, there was an intermission performance from the famous university dance troupe. Pierre started to feel it would be long. He already wanted to go back home.

The hosts came back on the stage after the performance and their interactions were more relaxed. It seems that they have been comfortable after quite some time.

College after college, he was getting more and more uneasy as it was too long that what he expected. More and more interactions that he endured in contempt.

Jude saw all of those unfriendly actions. He can only laugh in silent whenever Pierre tried not to overreact. “Says to the person who said that he's not jealous. Don't even try to hide it, Pierre. If everyone knows you, they can quickly tell how bad your face is right now.”

Pierre tried to calm down and shook his head. Maricar couldn't see him clearly from afar. The lights were too bright and his place was too dark. She cleared her throat and spoke after the picture taking.

“Congratulations from all exemplary students from the College of Economics, Business, and Accountancy! Now, let's proceed to the college of math wizards and computer geniuses, the College of Mathematics, Computer and Natural Sciences! To all awardees, please be ready as we are about to announce the top 10!” she announced and her partner took it all at this point.

The first five awardees were called. Pierre and Jude already expected that Pierre will be the first in his college. It seems that he wasn't dethroned since the first year.