Chapter 22: Missing

Maricar finished the event without anything bad happened. Chloe was there but she didn't dare to recklessly crash the party.

The event was literally grand. It was more shiny than the one she had at the city she lived. The venue in Manila was five times more bigger, sophisticated, and populous than the previous. It was a declaration of the family's wealth at this point.

Many international designers attended the event and Maricar was able to take the contacts of some while promoting her father's designing company. Even the dress she wore was still her father's design. An ocean blue-colored tube dress with small rainbow wave-like patterns. She was lucky to find something similar to the theme.

It was already ten o'clock in the evening and the event was yet to end. Maricar don't want to finish the ball as her job as a hostess was done. She received the agreed pay and it's all about socialization until eleven. There's not much left to do after meeting almost everyone she planned to meet.

Helena has been looking for her after the work and it was also one of the reasons why she wanted to go back to the city as soon as possible.

One of them was Pierre.

She finally mustered up the courage to ask him about what happened after three days.

Why did he kissed her back?

Who was that boss' daughter?

Does he like Maricar?

The questions were pretty much prepared. Maricar could wait no more.

Mr. Geron's driver was already at the entrance after receiving the message from the girl. Maricar quickly spotted him. When she was about to enter her father's car, Helena called her name as she ran from the building.

“Ms. Geron. Where are you going? Mr. David is waiting for you at a private room.”

She snorted and replied with a teasing tone, “What's there to talk about, Ms. Helena?”

“He wants to know about your decision on becoming a model.”

Would she be in a hurry if she's interested?

Maricar didn't reply and went inside the car. When the engine started, she opened the window and looked at the woman.

“Sorry, I don't deserve it,” she said and left with a smile.

The ride was four hours long. It was two o'clock in the morning when she got back. Pierre must be asleep at that time. Maricar thanked her father's driver and took the keys from her purse and opened the gate.

The house was dead silent. No lights were lit. The young man didn't come back. Maricar went inside and plopped herself on the couch.

“It's already two, he never came home.” mumbling those words, she tried to contact his phone number. Ring after ring, the calls were all unattended like before. He never had his phone in silent mode.

While she was composing a message, a notification from Bianca popped up. She forwarded an audio message. Before she clicked it, another message appeared.

‘It's up to you if you want to believe this.’

To her confusion, she clicked the play button and the recording instantly played.

(Do you really like that girl?) it was an unfamiliar voice.

Maricar's eyebrows met. She continued listening.

(…I don't. I never liked her.) now it was Pierre's voice. But who's the girl he is pertaining to?

The crowd reacted in surprise. (You never had feelings for her from that two months of living with her?! Seriously, are you a monk or something?)