Chapter 1: Prejudice?

“Girl, your comment on that post went viral! Some social science students were ranting you on the forum, take a look!”

As Bianca gave her phone to Maricar, who was sipping her expresso in a café outside the school.

She wasn't afraid, looks like she didn't care about the hate she's having in the first place.

One post says: ‘Being the queen bitch that she is, the main villain of the university retains her throne with this issue.’

Tens of students supported the OP while others were mocking that they're just overreacting.

Maricar smirked and tucked her hair behind her right ear.

“Let the dogs bark, Bianca. I don't have time for them. Just sip on your coffee and enjoy the atmosphere.”

Bianca pursed her lips and turned off her phone.

“Do you hate poor people?” Bianca suddenly asked out of curiosity which made Maricar stopped.

“No.” she shortly replied.

In fact, Maricar just hate a poor-rich relationship. No buts and no explanations. The scene of questioning your partner about how money is the reason they stayed irritates her ears that she would burst out.

It feels insulting for her.

Ever since her last boyfriend cheated Maricar out for money, she has never spent more than a hundred for a guy. Or even asked a guy to spend for her.

If she flirts, then she flirts. Time is the only thing she asks, sparing the money that would only hurt both sides.

The café bell rang and her name was called.

“A blueberry cheesecake and a chocolate mousse for Ms. Marie.” the staff announced on the counter.

Her friend presented to take it but she stood up first without notice.

“Your order, ma'am.” Maricar thanked the staff and took the tray.

A loud whisper suddenly engulfed the entire scenario.

“Pretending bitch.” Maricar's left eyebrow raised.

Two girls laughed and looked at Maricar. A fight is about to brew at this point if Maricar fights back, however she stay composed and looked at them with a pair of menacing eyes.

Her eyes were her signature weapon, it gets as small as an almond but as deadly as a knife.

The two froze yet already uneasy. They thought it was easy to target her in the forum implying she's weak.

They've underestimated her prowess.

As Maricar stepped forward to their table, the two stood up and scurried away like defeated dogs.

She scoffed, “Pathetic puppies.”

Bianca applauded her as she walk back with high chin and a chest out posture.

Maricar has seen more violent fights than this until it doesn't scare her anymore. She was the most hated girl in the campus, from men to women.

If hatred consumed her, she would've been sent to another university.

***

The professor of Maricar's last class dropped the remaining 30 minutes, making them leave early as usual.

Maricar had more than enough to go to her father's company and get dressed. She put away her things and stood up.

“Ms. Geron, come with me,” the professor called and went outside.