Chapter 10: Agreement or Argument

It was already noon when Maricar got home. She thought of going home late if it wasn't for Bianca who got pulled by her flirt buddy, Ryan, to go and watch a movie.

The two friends agreed to go to the mall to eat out and find something worthy, however the second one was not fulfilled because of the sudden date.

To avoid being a third wheel, she had no choice but go back and let the two develop their relationship. Maricar is not a person who sabotages dates or disrupt two people, even if she was invited to join, she preferred to leave them by themselves.

While she can just go and enjoy alone, it was really boring for her to stroll without any company. She can do things by herself but without a friend or someone will just last her energy for up to 20 minutes before getting tired and bored.

However, the house is also now her most hated place because of that guy. With Pierre in one house, she would just lock herself and sleep inside the room.

She chose to do the second. 

After the travel from the mall to her new home, she got off the taxi and tried to open the gate yet it was locked.

“Did he go out? What would that guy even do outside?” she mocked and find the keys in her purse.

A few moments passed, she stopped finding it as she remembered that she didn't bring the keys. It was a new experience for her to bring the noisy, dangling metal keys in her bag.

What an unlucky day. She don't have a contact with the guy, how can she enter right now? When will she be able to get inside?

She frustratingly sighed so loud and took her phone, about to ask her dad on the guy's contact information.

Suddenly, she heard his voice behind her.

“You're home already?”

The sunlight was so strong, Maricar looked at the guy yet she can't see his face clearly as she turned around.

“Open the gate. I forgot my key,” she plainly ordered.

The guy quickly took his from the pocket and opened the gate. Pierre apologized as he pushed the gate, “I'm sorry, I just went out to–”

Like the scene earlier, the girl rudely passed by, without any single interest on his explanation.

She stopped once again, seeing the door of the house was also locked. He slowly walked.

Pierre, thinking about her rude attitude, wanted to give Maricar a lesson, “I'm not amused with your rude attitude, Maricar.”

She rolled her eyes and said, “Stop the drama, Pierre. Just open the door.”

“Do you think I'm gonna tolerate your behavior towards me?”

Maricar was about to grab his sleeve but he stopped it. His hand had her wrist just on the stomach level.

He threw her hand lightly and turned towards the door. She didn't react and just watch him.

As Pierre unlocked it, he mumbled, “Let's talk about the house rules. I don't accept no or later as an answer.”

He successfully placed domination over the scenario, Maricar didn't refuse to his request.

They sat down the couch, however they both waited for the other to talk. In their setup, no one will ever gonna talk.

Maricar broke the silence, “Tell me, what do you want to happen before I tell mine?”

“I just want a peaceful, cooperative, and harmonious cohabitation. Nothing else.” Pierre's preference didn't violate the young lady's wishes. At least in her rules, nothing from the guy's words broke hers.